Christmas tree lover...now getting slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melmelx21

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Carlisle, PA
So Mr. Tooty the adventure hiker, who loved to do laps for HOURS around the Christmas tree, is running slow lately. I am wondering if his natural desire to hibernate is itching at him? ....or....if his magical wonderland was not a great idea? He was the happiest pretend outside Russian boy I have ever seen, scaling gifts like they were mountains!...so this is our first PA winter together, and next year his wonderland will be fake and just as magical!
Just needing some thoughts from other Russian parents who have survived winters. He is eating fine, not much of an exercises last 3 days, wants to burrow and sleep. I wake lazy boy up. The weather was nice enough to drop outside to a scorching high of 32 degrees this week. Even though we keep the house at 74, can he super sense he does not live in the desert any more?

Thanks!!
or did I semi poison my Tortoise?...please note accidently

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Hi, I read your last thread where you described his enclosure. Is he in an enclosure that you decorated or walking freely around your actual Christmas tree. Also, why do you think he may be poisoned?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
could be lots of things.. he eat something while out of his enclosure.. got too cold, is still too cold, or not enough light...

Melmelx21

5 Year Member
Carlisle, PA
Poisoned meaning...the smell of the Christmas tree?...not sure if they are in the category of toxic plants for Russians? It is a Douglas Fir tree, if that matters? He has a decorated enclosure, a large Rubbermaid bin with edible plants and a plastic shoe box on the cool side. Warmer side has Powersun 100W lamp, and heated pad under bin for evening warmth. Decorated with stones, food and water dish. All is filled with coco substrate, and he destroys all things burrowing wherever he wants. He comes out daily around the house to play king of the house and cuddle by the fireplace with his best friend Ali, the cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.