Christmas Tree Bins

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I think I would like a couple of those, would you mind telling me how much you paid for them? I'd hate to drive the 80 mile trip to the WalMart as it's in another city...and then not want to buy one because of the cost...

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I paid $39.99 at Fred Meyer might be cheaper at Wal Mart or after Christmas if you want to take the chance there will be some left.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I have been calling the wal marts in my area 4 in total to see when they come in. Not yet. :(
Year before last I got them for $15.00 at Wal mart. Last year I paid $45.00 at Wal Mart. Looks like it will be about $40.00 this year. They have them at Amazon and stacks and stacks but the shipping is almost what you would pay for the bin. I stop by my Walmart almost every-other day or so as they told me they should be in after Thanksgiving. I will post when mine gets them in.

I contacted Iris which is the company that make them and they said they are a seasonal Item so once they are gone they are gone. The Iris company said they would come out in late fall at at Wal-Mart, The Container Store, Garden Ridge, Meijer & Aldi and Fred Meyer. Wish I had gotten more the year before last or even last year.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
terryo said:
I have gotten it in a few places, but this was the best one.
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/ca...id=493&zenid=9b1ffa2068c83c09714dc87984db7e39
This is how it comes
31ukieW55UL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

That is totally cool--I want some! How much did it cost? What are the requirements to keep the moss alive and healthy? I'm nowhere near the gardener you are, but if it's not too complicated I'm ordering some tonight!:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
After reading this thread last week I did some online shopping and found the bin at USP Home for $28. Then with the shipping it came up to a little over $40. It was going to run me $39.95 at Wal-Mart, so I figured this was a pretty good deal. I ordered it last week and it came today. I had no idea just how big it was. When the UPS man dragged out this huge box from his truck I couldn't imagine what it was. Just to give you all an idea of the bin's size, I've taken a picture of it next to my 4 drawer file cabinet:

100_0973.jpg

Reason I wanted one was because I have a few hatchling desert tortoises. I'm afraid this bin is way too big for a few hatchlings! But I just LOVE it! Its a wonderful temporary habitat for a Mediterranean tortoise or a young desert tortoise. I'm so glad I got it!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
That's the one Nigel is in! I can't find them at my walmart yet, the salesperson said it was an "after chirstmas" item. Yvonne, do you have the website you ordered it from? I need two of them (one for Anouk, and one to save for Novalee when she will no doubt be able to move into it.)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Man. Out of stock. *sigh* I hope walmart gets them soon. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Seeing my picture for a second look gives me more ideas for tortoise tables. An old used 4 drawer file cabinet with the drawers removed. It would still have the metal cross pieces where the top of each drawer was, but that would give it more support and maybe hold lights, etc. Sometimes you can pick them up on Craig's list pretty cheap.

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
There down to $ 35.00 at Fred Meyer and not very many left.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
WOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING WHOOOOOO!

Got TWO at walmart today---fresh off the palette! The woman had to unwrap them for me! And the best part? ONLY 25$ each!!!!!!

Ahh, months of checking back and calling every second day!

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Meg90 said:
WOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING WHOOOOOO!

Got TWO at walmart today---fresh off the palette! The woman had to unwrap them for me! And the best part? ONLY 25$ each!!!!!!

Ahh, months of checking back and calling every second day!

Great!! and a great price two!!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I just put the finishing touches on Anouk's brand new "big girl" bin. :) I will be posting pictures of her and her new enclosure tomorrow, when she's awake to enjoy it! That's the trouble with doing a new enclosure at 11 at night haha. And now I have a bin to use for Novalee when she's big enough!

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yeah im going to check at walmart for some xmas bins. last time i asked they were all out in a matter of hours which is crazy!

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
hey i dont know if everyone has a aldi store near them, its a cheap grocery store, but they are selling christmas tree storage bins there for 20$!

I

Italianlnm

The same kind? I have an Aldi here, and might stop by and get one. How big were the ones they got in?

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yes, there the same kind. i forget how big they are, but there the same size as the ones sold at walmart. i picked up 4 of them and it cost me 80$ at aldi!

I

Italianlnm

Great! I will be there this weekend, like white on rice! :) Can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.