First Christmas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bllauben

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Marine City, Michigan
Today, I put up my two small Christmas trees, fake, of course. Boris and Sonya have never seen such a thing. I put one near their enclosure for fun.

When the cat got done terrorizing the tree, the torts went to the edge of their enclosure and starred at it. They even cocked their heads like a curious puppy would back and forth! It was so cute! Sonya has been splitting her time between watching the TV and watching the tree (and the wacky cat in it).

My question: what do you get two Russian tortoises for Christmas? I'm thinking about a few new basking rocks and a deeper water dish filled with river rock. I'm not sure though.

Yes, I am one of those "freaks" who buy their pets birthday and Christmas gifts...

moswen

5 Year Member
oh man i do too! you're not alone! only my husband is such a tight wad that i have to go to after-christmas clearance sales to buy my dog's next-year's christmas toys.... lol! what a headache, remembering where you put that red and green striped lollypop chew toy...

i think the best christmas presents for torts are new enclosure items, every time i put something new in or re-arrange their houses they run around trying to look at everything at once, it's pretty cute. but this year i'm personally springing for really awesome tortoise carrier cases, because my torts are going to start traveling, we're educating children on tortoise keeping!

hali

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
owww bit early isnt it for trees up lol lol lol (my daughter would love to live with you) - i too buy all the pets pressies though lol

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Another option is to get them a treat to eat! Maybe find some flowers or whatever they like the most.

I also second that enclosure items are a great gift for them as well.

Sweetness_bug

5 Year Member
MICHIGAN
moswen said:
oh man i do too! you're not alone! only my husband is such a tight wad that i have to go to after-christmas clearance sales to buy my dog's next-year's christmas toys.... lol! what a headache, remembering where you put that red and green striped lollypop chew toy...

i think the best christmas presents for torts are new enclosure items, every time i put something new in or re-arrange their houses they run around trying to look at everything at once, it's pretty cute. but this year i'm personally springing for really awesome tortoise carrier cases, because my torts are going to start traveling, we're educating children on tortoise keeping!

That is so awsome!!! I wish they did that at my school when i was a kid

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
bllauben said:
My question: what do you get two Russian tortoises for Christmas?

Heck ... for Russian torts thats an easy one ! .......

" VODTORTKA" ...... of course! :p

JD~:)

Status
Not open for further replies.