CAR FANS ONLY!!

immayo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Sitting at home bored and noticed that there seems to be some car fans on this forum, so I figured I'd try out a topic for those individuals. I know my car is my passion (other than torts of course) so feel free to share stories, pics and anything else car related that you'd like!!

I'll start!

Here is my baby a 2006 Mazda3 and the car I hope to own someday a Dodge Viper:

42713443535467984347303.jpg

dodge-viper-acr-04.jpg

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
immayo said:
Sitting at home bored and noticed that there seems to be some car fans on this forum, so I figured I'd try out a topic for those individuals. I know my car is my passion (other than torts of course) so feel free to share stories, pics and anything else car related that you'd like!!

I'll start!

Here is my baby a 2006 Mazda3 and the car I hope to own someday a Dodge Viper:

42713443535467984347303.jpg

dodge-viper-acr-04.jpg

Hey Youngster:D Very nice cars, I have had some old VW bugs and an old VW safari van. I also had a 65 plymouth Baracuda that I bought from the original owner. I wish I still had that car

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Very cool! So I see you and Jeff share the same VW passion. I think they are nice, my dad used to have 2 bugs when I was a little girl and we would work on them together! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My dad was a big car buff. He bought and restored the older Ford phaetons. While I was growing up we had a 35 and a 36 Ford Phaeton. When I was in high school I used to cut school and "steal" my dad's car and go joy riding along the beach (in San Francisco). I didn't have a license. I'm sure lucky I was never caught. Well, by the cops, that is. My dad did catch me one time, but that really didn't put an end to it. :p

This is what the '36 looked like, only ours was black:

1936-Ford-Phaeton-Rear_zps70ab3726.jpg

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
That sounds like a fun time!! Glad your dad wasn't too hard on you!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi, nice cars. i am married to an old school gear head. i like the first car. have lots of them chasing me in my subie! 'lol' ps. my husband said my cap spins around when im driving! nice pictures.

2002 wrx subaru. my hubby got it for me a few yrs. ago.my family hears me 2 blocks away.

8d7c78cc.jpg
[/img]2002 wrx subaru. my hubby got it for me a few yrs. ago.my family hears me 2 blocks away.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
emysemys said:
My dad was a big car buff. He bought and restored the older Ford phaetons. While I was growing up we had a 35 and a 36 Ford Phaeton. When I was in high school I used to cut school and "steal" my dad's car and go joy riding along the beach (in San Francisco). I didn't have a license. I'm sure lucky I was never caught. Well, by the cops, that is. My dad did catch me one time, but that really didn't put an end to it. :p

This is what the '36 looked like, only ours was black:

1936-Ford-Phaeton-Rear_zps70ab3726.jpg

Pretty cool story, I didnt know you had a bit of Rebel in you

dds7155

5 Year Member
my first car was a 1966 mustang conv. my sister and her friend both brought one new , wish i kept it ,,,,,

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
immayo said:
Very cool! So I see you and Jeff share the same VW passion. I think they are nice, my dad used to have 2 bugs when I was a little girl and we would work on them together! :)

Growing up in Calif. back in the day and living close to the beach they went together well. A VW Van would hold surfboards well

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
The old " Tort Mobile" ....
bestmini09.jpg

:)

bigred said:
immayo said:

Growing up in Calif. back in the day and living close to the beach they went together well. A VW Van would hold surfboards well

Among other things ........" party on wheels" .....:p

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
N2TORTS said:
bestmini09.jpg

bigred said:
immayo said:

Ya we would always try to fill it with smoke;)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
N2TORTS said:
bestmini09.jpg

bigred said:
immayo said:

i just love that pic. the color is so cherry. nice.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Momo since your husband is a car guy does he keep any cool ones? My bf and I like to work together on ours since we have the same make/model!

Here's a picture of his
and one of ours together in the beautiful AZ landscape:

310255_10150413704565470_722671374_n.jpg

292845_2277403216142_8233910_n.jpg

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
005_zps61b10027.jpg
[/img] heres my hubbys car. i think its a 69. hes an old school muscle car guy, i like the them all. its so funny to have my 80 yrs old parents in the car when some 18 yrs.olds wants to race you. i told one kid, we would love to race you, just let me put over so my mother could drive her car. im gramma subie i guess. last car was same color as subie. 92 honda crx. what fun i had!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
momo said:
005_zps61b10027.jpg
[/img] heres my hubbys car. i think its a 69. hes an old school muscle car guy, i like the them all. its so funny to have my 80 yrs old parents in the car when some 18 yrs.olds wants to race you. i told one kid, we would love to race you, just let me put over so my mother could drive her car. im gramma subie i guess. last car was same color as subie. 92 honda crx. what fun i had!

Beautiful car

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
What a fun thread! Here are a few cars we have and love! The pink car is our friends he built. It's one of my favorites. We are fixing up the yellow 57 Ford. The next step is the electrical which is not my husbands favorite. He bought the car for me 2 years ago. I can't wait to drive it.
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg

_DSC0439.jpg

Image.jpeg

DSC_0055.jpg

_DSC0266.jpg
DSC_0084.jpg
IMG_0796.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/1happymommy/Cars/IMG_0796.jpg[/IMG[
[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/1happymommy/Cars/IMG_0796.jpg
DSC09830.jpg
DSC09831.jpg

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Kathy ..... sweet rides!!!! ... ya gotta live in El Cajon! <giggle>

good ol' 2nd street .... dem were the days....:D

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Momof4 said:
What a fun thread! Here are a few cars we have and love! The pink car is our friends he built. It's one of my favorites. We are fixing up the yellow 57 Ford. The next step is the electrical which is not my husbands favorite. He bought the car for me 2 years ago. I can't wait to drive it.
DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0072.jpg

_DSC0439.jpg

Image.jpeg

DSC_0055.jpg

_DSC0266.jpg
DSC_0084.jpg
IMG_0796.jpg

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/1happymommy/Cars/IMG_0796.jpg[/IMG[
[IMG]http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/1happymommy/Cars/IMG_0796.jpg
DSC09830.jpg
DSC09831.jpg