Old timers, ignore this, it's to answers question about my car...same old

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Nice, Joe.

Maggie and I come by our interest in cars naturally. Our dad bought and restored old Ford phaetons. During my teen age years, he had a '35 Ford phaeton in like-new condition, that we used as the family car. Being the precocious teenager that I was, I snuck the key, had a dupe made, and when parents were at work, I would take the car out and drive along the beach (San Francisco). It's really a wonder the cops never caught me. I had no license, was underage. But I pushed it a bit too far one day when we went with dad to his office. I snuck down and took the car, but he came looking for me and found the car gone. He took away my key, but I still had another one. You just can't keep a good car person down!!

My current method of transportation is a Dodge p/u with a hemi engine.
Thanks, Yvonne. It might surprise you to know that under the hood of that red car is a hemi! Yeah. A 4-cylinder, 1.8 liter, dual overhead cam, hemi. And I can tell you for sure there is no computer chip anywhere near this car. It comes by it's power naturally. High compression, modified cam, ported head, dual carburetors, tuned exhaust, all to produce 125 HP. Maybe a bit more. Maggie's IROC would finish a quarter-mile before I got out of second gear. I love to drive the powerful cars. Love the sound of a tuned V-8. When I drive this car I take a step back into the 60's. The steering is not powered, and neither is the brakes or the clutch. The suspension is great, but a little harsh by todays standards. It's just a great car for touring the Southern California beaches and mountains, and a few roads in between. Plus, it is so basic I can still work on the car myself.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Maggie, I had a killer '76 Datsun B210 back in the day. 8 track player and all! I put the final 25,000 miles of its 250,000 miles life before it was hauled off to the junk yard.

I was in that exact year of a car when I was young (a friend owned it) and we were rear ended by a big ole something or another, we were at a dead stop waiting for the light and bammmm, hit so hard that I both of our seats were pushed straight off the tracks right onto the floor (with us still in them)..other than a slight ringing in my head from time to time (well, wait--perhaps that is just the reverb of the elevator music some days playing in there)...that little car took most of the impact and we were fine.....:D

And Maggie---that is a bad A*$ ride.....