Why does Tyrone insist on embarrassing me

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I had friend come over to watch a movie, here is how the conversation went ..

Me: I am so glad you could come over!
My friend Shelbey: I was glad too, I had nothing to do
Me: want some tea before we watch a movie
Shelbey: sure ..hey what's Tyrone doing?

Me: he is probably staring off at the background imagining he is climbing thru the rain forest or something..
Shelbey: he looks like he is singing! Awww how cute! He IS singing!

I was in the kitchen making tea

Me: what? Tortoises don't sing, he was probably yawning!
Shelbey: no, he is standing kinda on his hind legs in front of his rock ..and awwww he is clucking almost! I didnt know they made so much noise!

Cue the horrified look on my face! I go over to his enclosure and gave to witness Tyrone going to town with his rock! ...and at that precise moment he lets out a little scream noise and collapses on his rock and just lays there.... I swear he looks up at me with this evil grin!

Shelbey: awww he wore him self out signing to me!
Me: umm yeah ..well.. Oh... Let's go watch that movie now ..I think the tea kettle is whistling...

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
I am literally rolling on the floor laughing!!! :D:D:D

pfara

10 Year Member!
Maryland
You think you're embarrassed? I think your friend would be more embarrassed if she knew that "singing" is code word for something else. Plus, at least it was a rock and not a leg. Keep the Tyrone anecdotes coming!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Tooooooook funny! Roflmao

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I can picture the whole scenario. Because your friend doesn't know the sounds they make, she thought he was singing to her! Too funny😄

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I so wanted to get it on video ... But I was too embarrassed to tell Shelbey the truth.... !

CecilsMom

That happened to me a few days ago for the first time. My RF Cecil was out and about in the house and I heard him making alot of noise, I looked over and there he was goung to town on a ps2 case and then soon after a small pillow! What a day of adventure!!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
OMG! That is priceless! [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] we totally need to have a like button!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I had a similar experience recently today.
Went to the store. Took my little (7 year old) cousin. Two big sulcatas were.. umm... doing their deed and he goes, Ethan: "Hey Tiffy! Look! That big turtle is climbing on the little one!!! Look! Did you see it Tippy?! They're playing leap frog!!"
Me: "Uhhh... Hey, look at thise cool frogs over there! *shifts awkwardly*"

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Barista5261 said:
Tyrone didn't even buy the rock dinner first?

I hope he kissed the rock first! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Let me tell ya ... That rock of his is in stiff competition with his water dish ...!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Let me tell ya ... That rock of his is in stiff competition with his water dish ...!

Hey at least he spreads the love around [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I have talked about Tyrone's horny behavior before and I was told by a friend to buy him girlfriend ..or 4 ...

This was my daughters pet.. Now I have fallen in love with him and have been taking care of him for the last few years ...if I tell hubby we have to buy him a girlfriend (or 4) he is gonna blow a gasket! I can imagine the conversation now ...

Me: hi honey, can I have the credit card
Hubby: now you remember why I had to take it away ?
Me: yes, I promised to stay off eBay!
Hubby: ok, now what do we need to buy that you need the credit card for? Did the washer finally die?
Me: no...
Hubby: it is the stove isn't it? You just can't stand the fact it doesn't match the fridge! it is a perfectly fine stove you just can't go buying a new stove to match the decor, we have gone over this ...
Me: no its not the stove! Besides I have been looking at appliance paint..
Hubby: hey, now that's not a bad idea, I suppose we would have to move it out to the garage, don't want those toxic fumes around your precious Tyrone...
Me: speaking of Tyrone, you see he is ...uhmmm ... He is needing some companionship ...

At this point hubby has gone into the kitchen to look at the stove

I have tried to explain everything only he hears half of my conversation

Me:... And he really needs at leat one, although according to some on the Tortoise Board they say 4... But hey when your horny all the time I guess it it would be any mans dream come true

Hubby:horny? Now look. Just because that sexy talk worked when you wanted to buy new furniture and you got the credit card. Doesn't mean I will fall for that one again woman!

Me: WHAT?! are you saying I used ... You know .. For furniture?! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?

Hubby: why are you yelling at me? I am trying to help you paint the stove, and here you are getting all upset .. Oh is this one of your mood swings? Are you having the hot flash again? Do you want me to turn the fan on?

Me: SHUT UP YOU IGNORANT FOOL! I WANT TO BUY TYRONE A COUPLE OF GIRLFRIENDS!!

Hubby: a couple of girlfriends? What kind of tortoise boards are you on? They have hookers for Tyrone?
Me: W H A T?! NO! I want to buy Tyrone some girl tortoises so he stops humping everything in his vivarium all day and night!! What The HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!
Hubby: ME?!? your the one all hot and bothered! Really. You think I wanna go make nice with you, and paint the stove with you yelling at me? I am leaving, I am going fishing until this hot flash goes away...

Hubby leaves thru garage grabs pole and tackle box and goes fishing...

I walk over to Tyrone, who is humping his rock ...

me: do you see what I have to go thru for you?

Yeah that would be it!