Tyrone and the Bricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Because some of you asked ...here is the next installment from my blog ...( When and if I ever get one! )

Tyrone and the Bricks

So yesterday I decide I couldn't handle Tyrone's smelly viv... Now mind you it's not that bad ... I have a very sensitive scence of smell.

So I asked hubby if he would like to run out on some errands with me. (he is not totally head over heals in love with Tyrone like me).

So as usual we get in the truck

Hubs: what store we going to?

Me trying to think of the name: uhmmm ... Crap, the one over by Target in Elyria

He looks at me all puzzled...

Hubs: what are you getting?
Me: bricks. I need some bricks for Tyrone

Again the puzzled look...(he has learned you don't ask question when a woman looks determined)

We are driving along in silence, I am actually having a great conversation with myself in my head... Going over how I am going to change his viv, It would be a great time for a soak... Of course I have to soak the bricks that will be over night at least...so maybe a few days from now Tyrone will have a fresh viv!

Hubby interrupts my thinking.

Hubs: how many bricks are you getting?
Me: I don't remember how many are in a pack, or do they sell them singularly?
Hubs confused: I am pretty sure you can buy the singularly.
Hubby smirks and rolls eyes at me. I get an attitude, thinking why the eye roll?

We pull into the shopping center, go past the grocery store ...past Target ...
And right past the pet supply store! I am looking out the window and thinking "what the hell! I know I said I want to start parking farther away to force myself to walk more ...but this is ridiculous!"
Hubby pulls right up in front of Home Depot.

Hubs: I thought I would drop you off at the door.
Me: why? I don't need any power tools, well at least not today.
Hubs: well it's cold out, and I will probably have to park far away
Me: ummm, just what are we doing here?
Hubs: huh? You said you wanted to get some bricks!
Me slapping my forehead: OMG! Yes I wanted Bricks... Bricks of substrate! For Tyrone!
Hubs:OoooHhh ..well I was wondering what the hell you wanted bricks for..I sure as hell wasn't building anything in the middle of winter!
Me: oh yeah..I was gonna build a BBQ! Do you think you can turn around now and go back to the pet supply store?

We both look at each other..both irritated and bust out laughing.

Hubs: I should have known it was for that Tyrone.
Me: we'll if it makes you feel any better there is a Vera Bradley store next door, you can buy me something!
Hubs: yeah there is a Best Buy around the corner, we can buy ME something
Me: yeah we all have our fantasies don't we?

Bricks come in a pack of three... I bought 5 packs!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That makes me feel really good. My hub would be the same way. Even though he knows who and what Tatum is, it still wouldn't connect. The other day I was baking off some substrate to add to Tatums enclosure. I had it spread out on cookie sheets and cooling on the stove. Hub came in, mind you it was the day before his birthday, and said what's that, I said, oh, they are coconut coir cakes. He had a weird look on his face, said oh, wow two of them and was bending over to smell them. LOL. I had to kinda yell, it's substrate for Tatum, hub, whaaaat, with now dumb look, Me, IT GOES IN TATUMS CAGE, DUH. DONT EAT IT.
Glad I have TFO, people here get it.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
wellington said:
That makes me feel really good. My hub would be the same way. Even though he knows who and what Tatum is, it still wouldn't connect. The other day I was baking off some substrate to add to Tatums enclosure. I had it spread out on cookie sheets and cooling on the stove. Hub came in, mind you it was the day before his birthday, and said what's that, I said, oh, they are coconut coir cakes. He had a weird look on his face, said oh, wow two of them and was bending over to smell them. LOL. I had to kinda yell, it's substrate for Tatum, hub, whaaaat, with now dumb look, Me, IT GOES IN TATUMS CAGE, DUH. DONT EAT IT.
Glad I have TFO, people here get it.

Ha ha a that's funny! It does smell good though doesn't it?!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Thanks Mike ... I Amy name you my number one fan! But please don't hobble me!

Hobble you ??????? don't under stand. But a fan o yes.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Watsonpartyof4 said:
It's from Stephan King movie "Misery"

Don't worry will not hit you in the ankles with a hammer! L.o.L. That went over my head.

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Don't worry will not hit you in the ankles with a hammer! L.o.L. That went over my head.

Thanks goodness! I like my ankles! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.