Where is Bob from???

J H

5 Year Member
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just wondering if anyone here can give a good guess on what type ( race ) of redfoot Bob is. He is a boy... He shows it off from time to time.

jockma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles County
That's the yellowest redfoot I have EVER seen. Where did you get him? I know some Guyanan and other more typical pet variety RFs in the states can be pretty yellow but this is extreme!

J H

5 Year Member
$50 on cl about 1 1/2 yrs ago. He was living with an actual yellow foot of similar size in a 3'x2' or so vivarium. They were fighting. Supprised right in a tiny tank. He was from a feed store. The yellow foot was from a breeder somewhere. Any guess on exact race?

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
No idea about his heritage:) but I think he looks really good for one with history of being kept in substandard conditions

J H

5 Year Member
He has some Pyramiding but not terrible compared to what pics I've seen. He now lives in a larger closed chamber 4'x6' or so and has a outdoor pen in the summer during the day ( which is short in Minnesota )

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
Congrats!!! You've got yourself a Colombian Redfoot, mate ! A tortoise like that with completely yellow head and yellow feet, is most likely native to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta in Colombia. I've got an old male like that, and I've been trying to get a female for him for years now, but I simply cannot find any here in Europe. This is how it will look like when it's getting really old...

Attachments

• Yellow_Redfoot.JPG
    Yellow_Redfoot.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Yellow_Redfoot_3.JPG
    Yellow_Redfoot_3.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Yellow_Redfoot_4.JPG
    Yellow_Redfoot_4.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 30

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
@Geochelone_Carbonaria is it just my eyes or is that male ENORMOUS? Are Colombian RFs all that huge?!

I wouldnt say enormous, but he is quite big, but most of all the height ! It's shape is like a foot ball or as you say a soccer ball. My estimation says a bit over 320 millimeters (around 13 inch), but he is very heavy and weigh more than 4 kilograms (9 lb or 15 oz).

And I actually don't know really, since I only breed Cherryheads. But an old breeder gave this one to me several years ago.

I know that some of the "old timers" in here has got some too, that are really beautiful. And if I lived in the US, I would lay my hands on a couple more of them since they are so rare and stunning !

jockma

5 Year Member
Los Angeles County
The high dome is stunning, isn't it. He's quite a round one. :D In the first pic I got confused by his size relative to the grass, I thought he was somehow reaching sulcata sizes!

Well J H looks like you have a Colombian. Congratulations!

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Congrats!!! You've got yourself a Colombian Redfoot, mate ! A tortoise like that with completely yellow head and yellow feet, is most likely native to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada of Santa Marta in Colombia. I've got an old male like that, and I've been trying to get a female for him for years now, but I simply cannot find any here in Europe. This is how it will look like when it's getting really old...
Is this the male that gives you the dark coloured hatchlings sometimes?