Bob Vet visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Hi all, today we took Bob to get the micro-chip. The whole time we were waiting for the Doctor Bob was walking around acting all nosy and loving the attention placed on him by the hospital staff. You could hear the girls squeal in the back rooms..."Bob's here oh boy! Let's go see him!". They all came running out and he was seriously eating up the attention. We were rubbing his head and neck and saying how we were going to place the chip here and he was just gonna be SO easy. Everyone of us rubbed his neck and pulled on the skin there. So the Dr comes in again, she says "ok let's do it"...And Bob shut down and that was all she wrote! Please tell me how he knew? Dr Vickstrom had also rubbed his head and neck and she rested on the floor next to him and he climbed up on her lap...But I guess we aren't allowed to say ok let's do it. Because he absolutely knew what we meant and he wasn't gonna let us.
So Dr Vickstrom went to do her next patient (a redfoot) and she said she'd come back for Bob in a bit. So she leaves and he starts walking around again. He remembered the Doctor and just wasn't going to let her jam a needle in his neck. So he wandered out into the waiting area and Dr Vickstrom snuck up behind him and using a reverse sort of technique she did indeed the dirty deed...done did!

I just never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. Bob absolutely knew Dr. Vickstrom was going to hurt him or something and he wasn't going to let her.

And now the most embarrassing part. At Christmas they weighed Bob to be 85 pounds. Both my son and I say they weighed him at 85 pounds! But today he weighs 58 pounds and according to his file he was 45 pounds last Christmas...So where did I get 85?
So he is 58 pounds and still big enough don't you think?
So I am sorry about that part...

2l9h92a.jpg

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Hiya Magg's

Isn't it uncanny, how smart tort's are?

Bob sure is a beauty! Congrats on the microchippie; smart girl!
Be Well,
Purpod

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
What an amazing coincidence! My girl, Millie, was that Redfoot you saw today! And I saw you with Bob at the vet today. The world is small after all. Great to know of another Tort raiser in the area :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Well, hopefully you never have to use it! At first I thought you were saying Bob lost that much weight! Yikes!

Did they test scan it?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh Maggie that's alright that just means I could pick him up and take him home with me. :D I'm glad Bob is micro-chipped now I know that makes you feel better. I knew the doctor would come through they know their patients pretty well. I wish you could have video taped that visit it would have been a great thread to watch. :p

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
maggie3fan said:
Hi all, today we took Bob to get the micro-chip. The whole time we were waiting for the Doctor Bob was walking around acting all nosy and loving the attention placed on him by the hospital staff. You could hear the girls squeal in the back rooms..."Bob's here oh boy! Let's go see him!". They all came running out and he was seriously eating up the attention. We were rubbing his head and neck and saying how we were going to place the chip here and he was just gonna be SO easy. Everyone of us rubbed his neck and pulled on the skin there. So the Dr comes in again, she says "ok let's do it"...And Bob shut down and that was all she wrote! Please tell me how he knew? Dr Vickstrom had also rubbed his head and neck and she rested on the floor next to him and he climbed up on her lap...But I guess we aren't allowed to say ok let's do it. Because he absolutely knew what we meant and he wasn't gonna let us.
So Dr Vickstrom went to do her next patient (a redfoot) and she said she'd come back for Bob in a bit. So she leaves and he starts walking around again. He remembered the Doctor and just wasn't going to let her jam a needle in his neck. So he wandered out into the waiting area and Dr Vickstrom snuck up behind him and using a reverse sort of technique she did indeed the dirty deed...done did!

I just never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. Bob absolutely knew Dr. Vickstrom was going to hurt him or something and he wasn't going to let her.

And now the most embarrassing part. At Christmas they weighed Bob to be 85 pounds. Both my son and I say they weighed him at 85 pounds! But today he weighs 58 pounds and according to his file he was 45 pounds last Christmas...So where did I get 85?
So he is 58 pounds and still big enough don't you think?
So I am sorry about that part...

2l9h92a.jpg

hey maggie, bob is a smart ole boy, but we gotta be smarter. he may be 58#s, but he acts like a 85#er. glad you got it done, so what kind of tag does he have to indicate that hes been chipped?

M

Maggie Cummings

DoctorCosmonaut said:
What an amazing coincidence! My girl, Millie, was that Redfoot you saw today! And I saw you with Bob at the vet today. The world is small after all. Great to know of another Tort raiser in the area :D

No! Did you know then that Bob was this Bob? When you saw Bob and me today did you know who we were? That's just too funny! I am so amazed...stuff like that just doesn't happen in the real world. How funny is that. So you see what show off's we are,

And you can tell everybody just how much of a know it all I am...(I told him how to use butternut squash for parasites instead of Dr Vickstrom.) How funny. Do you like her as your Vet? I adore her...have you been going to her long? Your redfoot is very pretty. I am assuming Dr Vickstrom gave her a clean bill of health? So nice to meet you. That guy is my son. If I'da known I was going to actually meet someone, I would have dressed nicer and at least worn clean clothes...my first name is Maggie...what's your's? And you got to meet Bob! How fun is that! Candy is trying to figure out how to steal Bob...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I was just going to borrow him so he could play with Dale. :D I'm sure Dale would want me to take him back to you when he ate all of Dale's strawberries. :p That was a great posting that you saw Millie at the vet what a small world it is.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
My name is Jordan. And Bob was big and beautiful, and I never made the connection about who it was until I got on and saw your post today!

I really like Dr. Vickstrom, and the whole staff seems really nice and excited about all the animals they see. The Doc said Millie (my Redfoot) looks like she is getting good care. She has some parasites (I have only had her a year and they came with her) and have recently begun getting a "treatment" (she has medicine put directly into her stomach via a gavage) every two weeks (because the parasite must be treated over a period of time to ensure that all of the eggs and adults are killed).

PS I went and bought a butternut squash! Thanks for the advice!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awww Maggie Bob is so clever !!! Glad the vet could get it done okay though :) So amazing that he knew! And don't worry, 58 pounds is plenty LOL

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Maggie,
I am glad the chip is installed. Bob is very smart, I love the pic you post, he is beautiful :D. 58 pounds, wow it is still huge Maggie :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Maggie, when I take my animals to the vets I have to weigh them twice cause I never get it right the first time then I have them write it down for me. LOL. Glad Bob is doing great and gaining wt. hey thats 13 lbs in 6 months. If he keeps on like that he will be 85 in no time. (hehe). Then he will be a bruiser. I liked how he cleaned up Maggie. Looks like he had a wash (no strawberry face) for the vets visit. What a handsome fella Bob is. And I am glad he is now chipped. You have one smart Vet Maggie.

I think it was great that you and Jordan met up at the vets, next time you will know who each other are, and can visit more. Sometimes the tort world is such a small wonderful thing.

M

Maggie Cummings

It was fun to meet Jordan, that's my youngest son's name too. To see Millie was neat, and she's really pretty... and then I have to laugh cuz even with strangers I'm telling them how to care for their animals...tee hee. Bob is playing in the sprinkler today. It's 82 degrees...woo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.