Bob cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I hate to disappoint Bob fans but this isn't about Bob, it's about his cart. Several of you have asked questions about the cart, so here it is. It originally came from Home Depot, but it was given to me specifically to use for Bob. He used to live in a shed in my car port, so everyday I would have to carry him around to the yard. So a friend gave this cart to me to make it easier on me as Bob was getting bigger and too heavy for me to carry. Bob learned to climb into the cart right away. He was already trained to follow or come to my wiggling fingers so I just held my fingers in the cart and wiggled them and Bob learned to climb right in. After the first few times he had it down so all I had to do was tip the cart down in front of him and he climbed right in.
I used DoctorCosmonaut's Redfoot Millie as the weight to tip the cart as I am tort sitting while he is off raising heck on Spring Break...she enjoyed getting her picture taken and then she ran off when I wasn't paying attention. She had a good time walking around the yard sniffing at stuff.

34y2xeg.jpg

fw83z8.jpg

2lkwmmp.jpg

moswen

5 Year Member
maggie that's one of the most amazing ideas i've come across so far on this forum! i can just imagine bob sticking his head off the side of the cart, facing the wind, enjoying the ride lol!

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Awww Millie girl! Is Maggie wheeling you around? She's probably way more fun than me >.<

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, I agree that if Bob ever gets a new cart, Millie will be next in line for the old one. ;)

How nice to see a photo of Millie and how unfortunate that Maggie had to be the one to post it. Someone has been neglecting his camera, I'd say, though I'll bet he's using it plenty right now to take photos of Spring Break "activities"! :p

I'd have to vote "Bob ready to roll" in his cart as next year's calendar photo candidate. :D

You know, while admiring those photos, a question came to mind: how does Bob get OUT of the cart? I thought I read somewhere that tortoises don't like to back up?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Stephanie Logan said:
Yes, I agree that if Bob ever gets a new cart, Millie will be next in line for the old one. ;)

How nice to see a photo of Millie and how unfortunate that Maggie had to be the one to post it. Someone has been neglecting his camera, I'd say, though I'll bet he's using it plenty right now to take photos of Spring Break "activities"! :p

I'd have to vote "Bob ready to roll" in his cart as next year's calendar photo candidate. :D

You know, while admiring those photos, a question came to mind: how does Bob get OUT of the cart? I thought I read somewhere that tortoises don't like to back up?

Mine back up if something they don't like is in front of them.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
I think Millie needs a more proportional cart.. Although she is fat enough to make the cart face plant evidently

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Most don't realize how smart tortoises are.... they know how to train their keepers don't they???

Sorry Maggie.. for hi-jacking this post.. you know it's already started to wonder. This little guy hatched "backing-up" -

1BACKuphatch.jpg

Terry K

M

Maggie Cummings

Redfoot NERD said:
Most don't realize how smart tortoises are.... they know how to train their keepers don't they???

Sorry Maggie.. for hi-jacking this post.. you know it's already started to wonder. This little guy hatched "backing-up" -

1BACKuphatch.jpg

Terry K

You can always hijack my threads with pictures like that...Poor guy!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
My Hingebacks will certainly back up, and fast. They go face first into their hides, and the second they hear me putting food down, they scoot backwards like a shot, lol.

Kristina

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Strange....when Pio sees a worm, he backs up a few paces, and then goes forward to get the worm. I love that lil'" Cutie backing out of the shell, Nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.