Where in your home are your torts? (pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Most in their own dedicated room during the cold months. Outdoors during the warm months. A few of them, outdoors year round.
enclosure-8.jpg

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01852.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My CDTs are in the family room and go out side for a few hours when the sun is out. Baby Boxies in the family room too. One box turtle hibernating in the garadge other box is in the garage in a seperate enclosure awake. One gecko in son's room, one in hallway, one in livingroom. I need a room like GB has, but I like to see them everytime I go in a different room. The CDTs will be outside for the summer in a new enclosure.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Oh all your nice little tort tables with your neat and clean little torts!! This is what a real tortoise pen looks like after about 5 mintues, I don't care, here's my dirty laundry!!

211rqdj.jpg

This is in our dining room, in our brand new house we just built. We don't have any of the flooring in our living room/dining room area(all open) and when we had company over, one of the guys said 'where are you planning on moving that (pointing to our big double decker tort table)to?(When we can finally afford to put in flooring that is) My hubby looked at me and said 'oh it's staying right there, that thing is much better than 3 pools in our dining room we used to have, for years!!!!

2qjc54z.jpg

302amnn.jpg

Thank goodness I have a big beautiful outdoor pen that they are all out for a soon as I can get them out and for as long as I can keep them out!!

nvqqsw.jpg

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
rufus (florida softshell) has an aquarium in my living room, near the entry way so i can greet her as i come & go, the box turtles & bigger water turtles have enclosures on the covered patio, the baby box turtles are in a small plastic box on my book shelf, and the 'rescues/temporary' residents are taken in and outside in their respective plastic tubs. the snake's in a vision cage in my dining room... hopefully in the next few years i will have a house with a great yard to move everybody to more natural/permanent environments.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
My daughter moved out to her new home so I turned her room into a Tortoise room I also have my 30 gallon fish tank in there its my sanctuary :)

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
@ GBtortoises do you use a ladder for the high ones..i have to use a ladder for mine since i'm short....and i can barely reach in..

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
jojodesca said:
@ GBtortoises do you use a ladder for the high ones..i have to use a ladder for mine since i'm short....and i can barely reach in..

The top rim of the top enclosures is about 64". I can easily see and reach into them. But if I'm cleaning or doing other work I use a 2' step ladder to make it easier. There are four enclosures at that height so it's really no problem. The second and bottom tiers are all easy to work in.

Jason M

5 Year Member
uk, Somerset
my two Russians are in our living-room

IMG_5404.jpg
[/img]
IMG_5405.jpg
[/img]
IMG_5425.jpg
[/img]
IMG_5424.jpg
[/img]
IMG_5429-1.jpg
[/img]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
We used to have a dining room... It's Joe's room now and we're eating in the conservatory wearing lots of jumpers.

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Tico is in our living room in his critter condo when he is not outside.

IMAG0371.jpg

And this is his outside pen. Not a full shot, I'll have to get an updated pic.

IMG_0449.jpg

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
2 radiated in the bedroom and outside whenever sunny
2 incubators in the bedroom
5 adult Redfoots outside
3 of Bigreds hatchlings at my moms house
No pics of all that:D

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
Ticothetort2, Did you make your enclosure? It's beautiful, looks like a piece of furniture.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Wow you guys have some awesome enclosures....I feel like I took the lazy way out by just using a big plastic box ;)

My guy lives in my bedroom with all the other animals that we need to hide from the cat :D
a0e0fa80.jpg

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
WalkingRock has a bunker outside in the back yard up against my kitchen...

DSCN0345.jpg
DSCN0354.jpg

....and the little ones Eros and Gaia are inside, between the livingroom and large office desk, under my dart board...

DSCN0713.jpg

bekdevine

5 Year Member
UK
Mine are inside mostly as they are only babies. they live in the corner of my dining room their table is elevated on a high end table so they are out of reach to any little visitors.
I have recently been renovating old furniture into shabby chic mix and match bits for my room so am on the look out for a sideboard to match in and will have a new tortoise table made to fit on top and match in with the colour scheme.
They go outside in the garden during the summer months for a few hours, but its just too cold in the UK for them to be out for too long!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
lynnedit said:
Does Walking Rock get the run of the yard, lucky guy?

The WHOLE back yard! When the kids get larger, they have their choose of either a Raised garden area with LOTS of sun or a secluded area with large shaded areas.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Here's my tort room in progress
today2-19-12001.jpg

today2-19-12002.jpg

Sunday brunch
today2-19-12004.jpg

today2-19-12008.jpg

Some food for them
today2-19-12005.jpg