Where in your home are your torts? (pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Springfield, MO
I'm curious....

Where are your tortoises kept in your home? Inside, outside, both? How do your incorporate them into your living space? Please explain, and/or post pictures!!
:)

Here's my current set up for Sheldon and his table:

LivingroomSheldonscorner2.jpg

A closer shot:

LivingroomSheldonscorner4.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Sorry no photo's of where my inside tortoises are kept. But they are in a back bedroom thats not being used right now.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I have Dayo my Leopard baby in the living room so I can keep a good eye on her. I also have a heated room in the basement for Lana and Tank and 2 yellow belly sliders.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
The CDTs are currently in a dark cool closet brumating in a converted garage room of the home with the heating cut off for that space ....they have their own outdoor yards for tortoise season which is where they live 24/7 when not brumating ....the two redfoot tortoise are in their own enclosures living in the dining area in the kitchen until tortoise seasonal then they will spend their days outside and indoors at night the tank for the RESs is also in the kitchen area....:D

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Nothing fancy like that. Emrys' table is on the floor in our 'spare room'. The room is basically a make-shift office for me, with Emrys' tortoise table and with a double bed for when we have guests over. If we did have guests over (we haven't since I got Emrys), he'd move to our room.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Mine is so boring it's in our playroom and I check on him every time I walk by. Guess what? He's hiding 99% of the time.
I had my dart frogs on top but the fruit flies took over so I moved the frog to the kitchen.

DSC_0001.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Living room closet with door removed. Uro on the floor, Tatum on a shelf with 2/50 gallon totes. I did it with both of them in the same room, so if a heat source were to burn out during a cold night, they would still have plenty of heat with each others heat sources heating the room.
I don't know how to attach the picture. It is in my past attachments from when i posted a thread titled accidental experiment. I can't find he picture on my computer picture library. Sorry:D

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
My box turtle is in my heated, finished basement right now. In August, when my daughter goes off to college, the small back bedroom will be made into a turtle/tortoise room to be shared with my blue tongued skink as well.

Vishnu

5 Year Member
Mine are in a nice big closet in 51 rubbermaid tubs. (Dark Blue) They are HUGE! They are in my closet in our bedroom and my husband is of course thrilled. ;)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
lisa127 said:
My box turtle is in my heated, finished basement right now. In August, when my daughter goes off to college, the small back bedroom will be made into a turtle/tortoise room to be shared with my blue tongued skink as well.

I think that's funny, when your daughter goes off to college, her room goes to the torts. Because that is what I am going to do with my son's room. However I have 3 more years to wait. He thinks I'm kidding. I told him I would leave him a bed to sleep in when he comes home, but he just will have to share with my tort:D

Vishnu

5 Year Member
Honey said:
I'm curious....

Where are your tortoises kept in your home? Inside, outside, both? How do your incorporate them into your living space? Please explain, and/or post pictures!!
:)

Here's my current set up for Sheldon and his table:

LivingroomSheldonscorner2.jpg

A closer shot:

LivingroomSheldonscorner4.jpg

Your house is beautiful!!!

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
My adults are outside 24/7 but my young ones I have outside during the day on a large tort table and then at night I bring them into my guest room.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Since it's winter, just about everybody is in the house. I have removed most of the furniture to make room, such as the dining room table now is stored at the other house. Currently am waiting to get two strong folks here at one time, so we can take out the couch. :p :D

Only place they aren't is in my bedroom, which I have no heat on in. :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Took new pictures

Tatums outdoor area 003.JPG
Tatums outdoor area 005.JPG

Sorry for the blur. I suck at taking pics

Last edited by a moderator:

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Thank you, Vishnu! Where do you keep your tort/s?

Wellington - I love your closet idea!! That's really awesome.

:D

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Dining room - it's the brightest room, doesn't have carpet, and has a door to the backyard.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
In the corner, on the floor, in my study. The living/dining area is way too cold, the kitchen is tiny, and my bedroom is already cramped, so it really was the only place it could go.
When I have guests over, the inflatable bed basically takes up all remaining floor space, so people end up sleeping about a foot away from Sheldon's enclosure.

Tiny apartment is tiny!

EKLC

5 Year Member
In my bedroom. The light is a decent alarm clock in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.