what should I add?

sarah L

Good afternoon,
This is my sulcata habit. I am wondering what else I can add to it. I do have a electric thermometer. I would like to make their home a little more appealing.
Thank you.

Attachments

• 20150730_132121.jpg
    20150730_132121.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
hi there, have you read the care sheet for your torts? there is great advice in there. how many do you keep in there? it's advised to house them individually. if you post up some info about your temps etc, it'll help the experts advice you :)

sarah L

Thank you,
I have read most of the pinned sheets.
To be honest I only wanted one, but was talked into getting two. I will figure out what to do with that problem in the future. At this time they are getting along. My temperature is 73 in the colder half of their habitat. The heated side I am not sure as I moved the it to pick up the greens all over ther place. It was at 87 before I did that.

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
i'd drop a few plants into the enclosure, even plastic reptile ones are a good addition:)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
another easy addition is to cut an entrance hole in an upturned tub or washup up basin in as a hide, maby best drop a few so your torts can have there own spots, they have a tendency leading to bullying when housed together :(

sarah L

I wo
another easy addition is to cut an entrance hole in an upturned tub or washup up basin in as a hide, maby best drop a few so your torts can have there own spots, they have a tendency leading to bullying when housed together :(

I wonder if one of my hedgehog igloos would work. I don't want any fighting. That makea me sad and worried. I really only wanted one. I was to nervous to have them shipped to me. The guy selling them did not want them seperated.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Make sure you read Tom's care sheet. You will need to find a way to cover your enclosure to keep humidity in. Temps should be no lower than 80 at anytime. What kind of light are you using and what are you using for night heat?

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
I wo

I wonder if one of my hedgehog igloos would work. I don't want any fighting. That makea me sad and worried. I really only wanted one. I was to nervous to have them shipped to me. The guy selling them did not want them seperated.

post up a picture if you can of it, someone will be able to tell you if it'll be ok :)

sarah L

Sorry about my half post. I have a cranky toddler today. Who seems to need everything plus some. I have a night bulb and a basking one. I take down the night one during the day. I hate to see all the cords and clutter. At this point the house is a littler cooler than normal. It is hot outside so the air is on.