I'm ready for a pancake tortoise !

Nolan1992

I am ready to add another tort to the family and pancake has my vote. A couple of things first:

1. Does anyone have a picture of their indoor pancake enclosure they can share with me? I'd like some cool ideas for hides and what not for their little pancake bodies.
2. Good breeder/website to purchase a pancake tort from, I am willing to buy a hatchling or an adult.

Thank you in advance.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I love pancake tortoise too.......I just do not have more spaces indoor or outdoor now. Best wishes and luck of getting your new Pancakes.

Please do share your enclosure once you set it up.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here is one side of my pancake enclosure. I take shovelfuls of the top couple inches of soil from my pasture and put it in for them to feed from. Tomorrow I will get you a picture of the slab rock pile they hide in. ImageUploadedByTortForum1398309207.414797.jpg
It's not real fancy, but they seem to like it. ImageUploadedByTortForum1398309262.681163.jpg

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
Here is one side of my pancake enclosure. I take shovelfuls of the top couple inches of soil from my pasture and put it in for them to feed from. Tomorrow I will get you a picture of the slab rock pile they hide in. View attachment 77414
It's not real fancy, but they seem to like it. View attachment 77415

Lol that 2nd pic is hilarious! He's a RuLeR!!! XD

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
2'x2'x4'. I would have rather had it 2'x4'x8' but they are set up in my home office and by nature, the term, “home office" means almost the size of a master bathroom.

cyan

10 Year Member!
Georgia
Here are my indoor and outdoor enclosures. The indoor is 3x6x3. The outdoor is 7x14 and has a drop in divider to make it two separate areas if necessary. Hope this helps!
IMAG3203-1-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG3041-1-1.jpg

Nolan1992

Here are my indoor and outdoor enclosures. The indoor is 3x6x3. The outdoor is 7x14 and has a drop in divider to make it two separate areas if necessary. Hope this helps!
IMAG3203-1-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG3041-1-1.jpg
IMAG3203-1-1-1-1.jpg

IMAG3041-1-1.jpg

Where did you get the flat rocks ?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Where in Florida are you? Most landscape supply company's carry a variety of stones. From flagstone to river rock.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lunch, dinner and a view. Man as a hunter I could not help putting up a stand and a feeder .

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Lunch, dinner and a view. Man as a hunter I could not help putting up a stand and a feeder .
All of that would be unnecessary here Mike. They come here because of hunting pressure on public lands, and they seem to know that I shoot back. Private property signs say, “We don't have to call 911, we've got a backhoe!" As long as I've got locker beef in the freezer, they're safe. Not saying I don't have elk backstrap in my freezer, just not from my upper pasture.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My sign says barkless dog will prosecute whats left . You'll be surprised how many people think twice before the come in my yard .

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I just got my female from craig at reptilepetsdirect.com, he's a little pricey but trust me on this everything he sells is cherry picked and well taken care of. Also if I were you i'd purchase a female first, in the next coming years they will be cutting quotas back, next order to the states will be 6-9months from now so if you can even shoot for a pair then you are set. You can always more later, but if you can only get a female for now you easily find a male and they are usually $100 cheaper.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Recently, last week or this week, a fresh shipment came in. These are wild caught animals. These should start popping up soon from dealers. Always ask how long it's been at the place of purchase. Acclimated animals are so much better than recent imports.