What is your favorite dog breed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Beaumont, CA.
I have had many dogs and loved each one.
I currently have a wonderful Doberman, Poodle and two great mutts.
My absolute favorite breed, is Rottweiler.
I have had two, each for approx 12 years.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Bloomfield MI
I love dogs and would have more of them if I could care for them properly. I have had a lot of different dogs growing up but when I was young we had a lab mix named skip. He was the best dog my my childhood. When I went out on my own I got terriers. I had a wirehair terrier (that I am sure was mixed with poodle. The breeder bred both breeds and he looked more like a poodle :p) and a Miniature schnauzer. My wirehair was a good dog until he went insane and had to be put down.:( My schnauzer is the smartest dog I have ever had or seen. He has the memory of an elephant and figures things out too quickly. On the other hand, he really has an opinion of his own and pretty much does what he wants. When you discipline him he just looks at you with defiance. I also have a lab now and she has been the most obedient dogs I have owned. She is a food hound and she has had her share of medical issues but she is the most well behaved dog I have had (unless you leave her alone with access to food). I don't have kids but the first time around them she knew she could knock them over instinctively and was so careful.. well until she turned around and accidentally got them with her tail.. :p
I would say based on the dogs myself and my family has owned I think labs are the best. I know they have skin and back/hip problems. They shed like they should go bald daily. Their feet smell like a hot sack of fritos and after a week of not bathing they smell like that all over. But they are so sweet and so well mannered.

Status
Not open for further replies.