what a difference in the way I look at things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
We are always on the look out for food items especially free ones. Even my daughter gets in on it.

downsized950622111846.jpg

She has a glove on one hand and a plastic bag in the other...:D:D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
We are always on the look out for food items especially free ones. Even my daughter gets in on it.

downsized950622111846.jpg

She has a glove on one hand and a plastic bag in the other...:D:D

I've explained to my kids that the more useful they are, the more we love 'em... :p

I, too, watch for tasty tort-weeds...last year, one of the guys I share ownership of a tractor with brought me several bales of fresh weeds (mostly prickly lettuce and sow thistle) before he spread weed-killer on his pasures (so, this year about all he grew was alfalfa and sorgum)...my torts, goats and mini-hawg ate well throughout the winter, though! :)

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am devistated. I have been eyeing a HUGE cactus for over a year in a nieghbors back yard. The house was a repo and I was so tempted to climb the chain link fence and take some, but I just couldn't do it. I drive by the house amost everyday sometimes sevel times. I have watched it bloom and get fruit. It was a beautiful cactus. A few months ago someone moved into the house. I watched and watched for then to trim the cactus. Last Friday the day afrer trash day I noticed the cactus is completly gone. I am sick. I could kicking myself for not going to the door and asking if they were keeping the cactus. I could have shared it with my tort friends and planted a cactus orchard. That is how crazy I now look at the would.

pliken

5 Year Member
Mesa & Payson, Arizona
tequillakma said:
it's amazing how the animals in someone's life can change the way we look at things.

When driving or walking down a road, I look at the weeds and I think to myself "I wonder if Squirt can eat those?!?!" rofl.

So true! My husband can't understand why I want to plant weeds. I'm collecting seeds, pulling off the road to pick grasses, walking around parks looking for wild mallow and other goodies - it's good exercise, too!

And, hey, I am not above collecting some of those loose marbles....

Status
Not open for further replies.