Walking

jnirvello

Location (City and/or State)
fort myers, florida
So my baby sulcata is in his tortoise table most of the day but I usually put him outside for at least an hour a day. I have a huge lanai that's completely clean and clear and put him out there with some food and then I soak him. He walks around and explores. Is that him a sign of being stressed? Or do you think he genuinely enjoys it?

Bee62

Germany
I don`t think that your baby is stressed. Sulcatas are very curious animals and like to walk around and explore.
I think your baby enjoys the walk outside.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So my baby sulcata is in his tortoise table most of the day but I usually put him outside for at least an hour a day. I have a huge lanai that's completely clean and clear and put him out there with some food and then I soak him. He walks around and explores. Is that him a sign of being stressed? Or do you think he genuinely enjoys it?

Is he sprinting at top speed the whole time, or just marching around? Does he stop and check stuff out from time to time, maybe graze on some food?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
He marches around and grazes and is nosey
That sounds like a sulcata doing what they do best. I think this is the main reason why they are the most popular tortoise on the planet. They have the best and most outgoing personalities of any species.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
One thing you might want to try, is to add a nice shaded " humid hide box " in plain view for mr sully. Yes, they like to explore, but might feel a bit out of sorts with no place to take shelter. Try adding a hide, and see if that gives your sully a place to play hide n seek.

Good luck with your sully. They definitely have great gentle personalities and like the interaction.