Baby sulcata making clicking noise

krl2935

Location (City and/or State)
Va
I recently bought a baby sulcata. Every now and then (usually when he eats) I hear his beak making a clicking noise but today after I soaked him (I soak him for 20-30 minutes every morning) he wouldn't stop making the clicking noise. I think maybe it was a sign that he's stressed out? Can anyone explain why he's doing this? There's no mucus or anything runny on his face.

Oh, and also, I have never seen my sulcata pee before. Ive had him for probably 2-3 weeks now. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

krl2935

Va
My temps and soaking are good. The only problem is I don't know how to keep the humidity up high. There's not a lot of humidity in his cage. It's usually about 30%

Reptilony

QC, CAN
My temps and soaking are good. The only problem is I don't know how to keep the humidity up high. There's not a lot of humidity in his cage. It's usually about 30%

If you read the care sheet you will see that the only way to have high humidity is to have a closed enclosure.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
I recently bought a baby sulcata. Every now and then (usually when he eats) I hear his beak making a clicking noise but today after I soaked him (I soak him for 20-30 minutes every morning) he wouldn't stop making the clicking noise. I think maybe it was a sign that he's stressed out? Can anyone explain why he's doing this? There's no mucus or anything runny on his face.

Oh, and also, I have never seen my sulcata pee before. Ive had him for probably 2-3 weeks now. What am I doing wrong?

Lucky you, my baby pees on me when I pick him up! And not a few drops. lol

krl2935

Va
Lucky you, my baby pees on me when I pick him up! And not a few drops. lol
I just think it's weird how I've never seen it. Aren't they supposed to pee when you soak them? I soak him every day and I have never seen him pee haha