Help!! (tortoise isn't active)

Dosu

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
The normal temp in my house is at 38-

My house temp is about 38-43 Degrees Celsius.

But then wouldn't that be too hot for the tortoise, since there should be a warm/cool side too? Maybe that's why he's inactive, there's no way to cool himself. 38-43 is pretty hot, my basking temp is 38-39 celcius...

Agent007

But then wouldn't that be too hot for the tortoise, since there should be a warm/cool side too? Maybe that's why he's inactive, there's no way to cool himself. 38-43 is pretty hot, my basking temp is 38-39 celcius...
Um, twice or thirce a week I soak him In semi-warm semi-cold water and leave his to dry out. He's usually cooled down since at evening time there's plenty of wind and at these times I usually put him out.

Agent007

Um, twice or thirce a week I soak him In semi-warm semi-cold water and leave his to dry out. He's usually cooled down since at evening time there's plenty of wind and at these times I usually put him out.

Somehow today after letting him strech for 2 hours out of his enclosure he seems more active now in his enclosure. He also didn't stop walking for the past 2 hours.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Can I ask where in Indonesia you are? Those temps are about 10C hotter than Jakarta. I didn't realize there were parts of Indonesia that were so inhospitable all year round.