Tyrone clucking like a chicken

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
Does anyone else's Redfoot cluck like a chicken? He was sitting on top of his food dish and was clucking away ... My daughter freaked out and picked him up..... Well you can guess what he was doing [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]..(loving his dish). We went thru this in the spring where he would pile up dirt and go to town on it..then his water dish.. A rock... What ever he count mount he would. All summer he has been content. Now he is back at it ... Loving on anything he can, digging holes, mounting rocks, his food dish, water dish ..... Pacing his cage back and forth. I feel sorry for him!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Watsonpartyof4 said:
Does anyone else's Redfoot cluck like a chicken? He was sitting on top of his food dish and was clucking away ... My daughter freaked out and picked him up..... Well you can guess what he was doing [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]..(loving his dish). We went thru this in the spring where he would pile up dirt and go to town on it..then his water dish.. A rock... What ever he count mount he would. All summer he has been content. Now he is back at it ... Loving on anything he can, digging holes, mounting rocks, his food dish, water dish ..... Pacing his cage back and forth. I feel sorry for him!

Hahaha that's funny! I have a proud male too ;-P
Here's some ho-hum material for Tyrone ;-)
ImageUploadedByTortForum1381787283.295687.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1381787466.107103.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Perhaps you can home a beautifully shaped appropriately sized smooth rock, doll it up a bit, give "her" a name....and introduce the two :p:p

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
diaboliqueturtle said:
Watsonpartyof4 said:

Hahaha that's funny! I have a proud male too ;-P
Here's some ho-hum material for Tyrone ;-)

Ha ha haha maybe I should print these out for him!

ascott said:
Perhaps you can home a beautifully shaped appropriately sized smooth rock, doll it up a bit, give "her" a name....and introduce the two :p:p

Well ... For now he is really enjoying his dish! But that is an idea!

wellington said:
LMAO. They do make noise when they are doing the dirty deed:D. Poor fella.

He was so L O U D! And nothing like those soft noises on YouTube!
I doo feel bad for him getting all worked up. He woke us up at 4am going to town on his dish again .. We just laid in bed with our mouths hanging open in shock!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Maybe its time to get him a real girl tortoise . He's in make a family mode .

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
mike taylor said:
Maybe its time to get him a real girl tortoise . He's in make a family mode .

That would mean several females... Can't just have one female or the male would love into death. I don't have the room for a small herd right now.