Tortoise Nose Bubbles

TmattyD

Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock Arkansas
Recently bought an adult Russian tortoise and the first night we had him in his enclosure we put cypress mulch in it. I got the bag from Home Depot and later realized it said: "Cypress Blend" which means it also contains pine and it was very damp because the bag got rained on. The tortoise was also rubbing his eyes a lot and it even burned our eyes when we got near the enclosure. He stays in it for about 24 hours until I can go to Petco and get pure cypress mulch and coconut fiber. I got it as soon as I could. I rinsed him off for 15 min and place him in the new substrate. He's been in the new substrate now for about a week and after I give him his daily spraying with filtered water from the fridge at room temp, about 15 minutes afterward and his shell is dry, he blows bubbles/snot out his nose. Is this normal? I heard that blowing bubbles in his bath is normal but this is after just a spray. I do spray him all over though. His enclosure is right by my desk and while he's sleeping I never hear him blow/sneeze and his nose is dry.

Humidity is at 45%, Basking Temp is 95F, and the Cool side is 78F. Diet this week is Romaine, Mustard Greens, and Mazuri sprinkled on top. He is sleeping a lot and waking up to eat and eats a ton. Drinking, defecating, and urinating are happening often as well.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs,CO
Recently bought an adult Russian tortoise and the first night we had him in his enclosure we put cypress mulch in it. I got the bag from Home Depot and later realized it said: "Cypress Blend" which means it also contains pine and it was very damp because the bag got rained on. The tortoise was also rubbing his eyes a lot and it even burned our eyes when we got near the enclosure. He stays in it for about 24 hours until I can go to Petco and get pure cypress mulch and coconut fiber. I got it as soon as I could. I rinsed him off for 15 min and place him in the new substrate. He's been in the new substrate now for about a week and after I give him his daily spraying with filtered water from the fridge at room temp, about 15 minutes afterward and his shell is dry, he blows bubbles/snot out his nose. Is this normal? I heard that blowing bubbles in his bath is normal but this is after just a spray. I do spray him all over though. His enclosure is right by my desk and while he's sleeping I never hear him blow/sneeze and his nose is dry.

Humidity is at 45%, Basking Temp is 95F, and the Cool side is 78F. Diet this week is Romaine, Mustard Greens, and Mazuri sprinkled on top. He is sleeping a lot and waking up to eat and eats a ton. Drinking, defecating, and urinating are happening often as well.
Bubbles are fine after a soak, if he continues to do it then there is a problem. Btw, welcome to the forum!