Yes guilty- have had dreams about my tort eggs hatching
Also Radiated tortoises in bedroom and incubator in bedroom
MOST IMPORTANT OF COURSE- SPEND MORE TIME ON TORTOISE FORUM THAN ANY OTHER SITE
I also do kind of have that weed thing going on:D:D

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
When you take Christmas pictures of your torts and forget to take any of your kids.

BTW-I am so glad to see people admitting to doing the crazy things I do.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
:D When you give in and go pick that beautiful dandelion from your neighbour's front yard (having checked nobody is looking)...

:D When your neighbour tells you to pop over anytime and do their weeding... and you accept!

The latter is an arrangement suggested by my neighbour and I now cultivate his weed supply as well as my own :redface:

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
dmarcus said:
:D If you have more pictures of your tortoises than your family...

Scariest thing on here but sooo true

When you catalogue all of the vegetation you see on the walk home to classify later for tort nutrition (so you can pick it later of course)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
:) when you pause your favorite show just so you can press the "View New Post", then forget to un-pause.... (this REALY gets on the wifes nerves! :p )

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
When you don't Mow for a couple weeks just to see what weeds grow, the neighbor actually mowed my side yard yesterday that attaches to his front yard.....LOL!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
- You fruitlessly debate the personality aspects of different species and subspecies of tortoises
;)

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
If you are awake at 3am looking in the incubator, checking on the progress of a hatchling getting out of an egg.

Or waking up several times through the night to check Fedex tracking. :)

EKLC

5 Year Member
You're jealous of your neighbor getting all the good weeds

You swear, you just need to make that ONE last adjustment on the enclosure...

You can lift an object and guess its weight within 5 grams

Leaving the house for 5 hours is a big deal

You keep the house at a comfortable 85 degrees

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
La Mirada, CA
Everything posted one here so far is SO ME......PLUS........

When you get up at 4AM!!! to check on them, and to clean and add more water to the water bowl and prepare what they are going to eat for that day BEFORE fixing the kids' lunches ...IF there is any time left.....otherwise they will have to prepare their own lunch.

When you rush home everyday after work to check on the torts and feed them and soak them and clean up their home and take them out to get some sun on these short winter days (this weekened will be 80 degrees! Yeeeesss!!) all before before starting dinner, cleaning the house, helping with homework etc.

When you log on early every morning and constantly check throughout the day to see if anybody has posted new tort pictures. TFO is the first app on my iPhone :)

When everything you ask for on your birthday, Christmas, Valentines etc. has something to do with your torts!

I can go on and on and on.........YES I'm a tort-aholic!!!

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
- Every piece of unwanted furniture could potentially be turned into a tortoise table!

- You constantly comb Craigslist for free or cheap materials to upgrade your outdoor enclosures.

- You can't wait for the day when your sulcata is large enough to put in the backyard permanently...so you won't have to mow the lawn as much!

- Your pets get more fruit and vegetables in their diet than you do (I know mine do!)

- You know more about creating humidity in a closed environment than anyone else you know.

- You know that pyramiding has nothing to do with those impressive structures in Egypt.

- Acronyms like RF, RT, DBT, and ABT, or terms like Cherry Head are commonplace in your everyday vocabulary.

bakexlove

5 Year Member
I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've only had my tort for 2 months and I can already agree to most of these. :)
When you're away from your tort you miss them and you tell the person your with that you miss them.

Kasper2reds

5 Year Member
When u have to call your roomate to feed them while ur at work because you don't want their lunch to be late!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
..when shopping trips center around where the best place is to get tortoise food, supplies, or who has trash pickups that day so you might spot something useable for your tortoises.

...when vacations are actually trips to see tortoises, go to reptile shows, or tortoise seminars.

...when your vehicle shopping and the main things needed are the ability to fit things like large tanks, boxes of greens and other tortoise relate items into it.

...when you decide you can live longer without a new water heater or other appliance, in order to get more tortoises or something for the tortoises.

...when more of the room in your frig or freezer is taken up with tortoise food, then human food.

... when gone from home for an extended time, you call to ask how the tortoises are doing before asking your children how they are doing.

...when you know more about the likes and dislikes or habits of your tortoises, then you do your own family.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
...When at night, your wife says, "come to bed" with that look in her eye, and you make an excuse so that you can stay up longer and finish reading a thread (or 20). :(

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
When your shopping for a new house and one of the top prioritys is a big yard

Status
Not open for further replies.