TORTOISE MANIAC THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
ALDABRAMAN said:
:D When the first thing your friends ask is how are the torotises!

omg yes! A few of my friends and I meet up at least once a week to watch movies or tv or whatever...a few weeks after I got Levi I brought him with for show and tell. Now a fit is had if I come straight from class and don't pick him up before I come (he loves to watch tv from a fuzzy hat with a warm rice sock ;)) and if I see them in any other setting the first question is "how's Levi?"

If your neighbor thinks you're a creeper that sits on the stoop and stares at the lawn (watching grass grow FTW) because the hatchling you are watching is too tiny to be seen above the grass on your overgrown lawn from their angle...

jkingler

5 Year Member
he loves to watch tv from a fuzzy hat with a warm rice sock
Idea. Stolen. (Now I finally know what to do with those beanies I don't like but keep around anyways...)

Also, you bring up a good point. I am glad our backyard fence is high, or the neighbors might think that I was high, staring at the ground to mind the hatchling.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
jkingler said:
he loves to watch tv from a fuzzy hat with a warm rice sock
Idea. Stolen. (Now I finally know what to do with those beanies I don't like but keep around anyways...)

Also, you bring up a good point. I am glad our backyard fence is high, or the neighbors might think that I was high, staring at the ground to mind the hatchling.

It's a great idea I do admit ;) and yeah my neighbors think I'm a total stoner/crazy person...if one of them would only walk close enough to me so I wouldn't look even more nuts shouting "no, wait, look there's a little tortoise...really!...no? Fine keep running"

:D

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
You know you're a tortoise maniac "When you ask you daughter to name your next grandchild after your favorite tortoise"...hahahahahaha

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
***When your driving down the road and you child yells, Mom stop there are TONS of dandelions in that yard!

***When you find a way to work "tortoises" into the conversation at the Farmers Market, to see if they will offer scraps

***When you stop daily on the way home so you child can run out and grab some dandelions from the field.

***When you are on a field trip to the zoo and you 6 year old begins to scold the keeper for only feeding romaine to the Sulcata

Oh, one more....

***When you find a way to make every speech about Tortoises in your college communications class

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
When you are tempted to pull over on a busy road to pick cactus.....then day dream about how you could safely do it. I am still trying to figure this one out. I don't want my kids to have to explain to their friends that their mother was hit by a car and killed while picking cactus.

This forum needs a LIKE tab. There are so many posts here that I want to LIKE!

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
When you have your camera attached to your hip so you never miss any of those special moments your tort does :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
When you pull over to steal the red fruit off a cactus or the cactus pads from a home or business thats not yours
Also, Ive also checked the incubator at 3 am during one of my several trips to the bathroom
Also telling your spouse that your finally done buying tortoises, knowing that you have no intention of stopping. The next one will just be more expensive, More color, More radiating lines, More white, Maybe even no color at all, Maybe marbled, or saying honey this one has red and oange and yellow on his head:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
When people ask how are my babies and i say that they are having an orgy in the living room, then realize they are asking about my kids.lol:D:D:D

Get panicky when food supplies run low and drive 40 km to get some food for them...:p:p

cljohnson

5 Year Member
When you volunteer to walk the dog every morning. Only for an excuse to scour the neighborhood for succulent weeds.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
You buy a generator for your torts in case the power goes out :)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
...when you stopped spending money on anything for yourself cause you know you would rather by something for your tortoises
...when all your amazon wish lists are filled with just tortoise things
...when you would rather spend the weekend doing tortoise things than anything else
:D

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
ascott said:
:D pass peoples yards while driving thinking wow that would be a perfect spot for a tortoise yard...

Yep, me too! :)

cpk said:
stare at them do nothing for a long time without getting bored :p

That one, too. There's always something to study about them, even if they're not active.

jkingler

5 Year Member
If you consider moving somewhere else because the climate would be more hospitable to a species of tortoise that you really want.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
dmarcus said:
:D If you have more pictures of your tortoises than your family...

But they photograph so cute...

When you go out and buy tortoise statues because they remind you of your baby girl.. :D

judy wayte said:
i love this forum, i am there with you i learn to eat collard, mustard and kale so there won,t be any waste and i talk to them all the time. the poor dogs get left over fruit for treats.i am loving it.

I do this one too. We are vegetarians but I am adding more variety of greens to our diet so she can have more variety without us wasting anything.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
:p You paid more for your tortoise than your vehicle!

:rolleyes: If you are known as the ALDABRAMAN!

:shy: If your neighbors ask what your egg count is, lol!

;) When you have a custom auto tag of a torotise species!

:( When your girlfriends get jealous of your tortoises!

:) When your best friend is a 600+ aldabra!

:D When you stop for all turtles/tortoises that are crossing the road!

;) When your business card has a picture of your tortoise on it!

:tort: When the neighbor kids bring over a five pound bag of carrots and just smile!

jkingler

5 Year Member
If you check your thermometer and hygrometer more often than you check your email or bank balance.

torti

5 Year Member
When my neighbors think I'm crazy just standing outside and staring at the grass (I have dogs in my backyard, and they still haven't figured out I have hatchlings).

And the looks they give me every morning at the same time when I'm out picking weeds off my front lawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.