Tortoise Crack

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgately

5 Year Member
I'm in the San Dimas CA area, and have a hard time finding where they sell Mazuri. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Almost any feed and grain store that uses Purina products can get it, at least in bulk.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
fgately said:
I'm in the San Dimas CA area, and have a hard time finding where they sell Mazuri. Any ideas?

Thanks,
I live in la verne and If I am not mistaken the san dimas grain and feed in old town san dimas, should sell it, if not then amazon reptiles in montclair does sell it for sure. They treat their animals horribly but they do sell a lot of supplies like, food items.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Madkins007 said:
- we eat a lot of cereal grains that we cannot digest unless it is processed in unnatural ways.
- there are foods we eat that we cannot digest without heating it to burst the cell walls, like potatoes.

Mark, you should chew your food more thoroughly! :p Hominids have been eating plant foods such as grains and tubers for much longer than
6a00e54f00aa498834011572104f10970b-pi

or
Pringles_tn.jpg

...have been around. Chew, chew, chew, burst cells, revel in the fiber!

However, I agree otherwise. Mazuri can be used as a constituent in our continued attempts to imitate, mimic or supplant their native diets.

Mazuri does seem to have an 'addictive' quality. All of my torts, including the pancakes, are crazy about it. I'm not sure the torts refuse other foods because they want more Mazuri or because it continues to rehydrate and swell in their gut thereby, like pork brains and scrambled eggs, lasts the whole day through...and then some!

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Madkins007 said:
- we eat a lot of cereal grains that we cannot digest unless it is processed in unnatural ways.
- there are foods we eat that we cannot digest without heating it to burst the cell walls, like potatoes.

Mark, you should chew your food more thoroughly! :p Hominids have been eating plant foods such as grains and tubers for much longer than
6a00e54f00aa498834011572104f10970b-pi

or
Pringles_tn.jpg

...have been around. Chew, chew, chew, burst cells, revel in the fiber!

However, I agree otherwise. Mazuri can be used as a constituent in our continued attempts to imitate, mimic or supplant their native diets.

Mazuri does seem to have an 'addictive' quality. All of my torts, including the pancakes, are crazy about it. I'm not sure the torts refuse other foods because they want more Mazuri or because it continues to rehydrate and swell in their gut thereby, like pork brains and scrambled eggs, lasts the whole day through...and then some!

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Madkins007 said:

Mark, you should chew your food more thoroughly! :p Hominids have been eating plant foods such as grains and tubers for much longer than Wonder Bread or Pringles have been around. Chew, chew, chew, burst cells, revel in the fiber!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
At first mine wouldn't even want to touch it. They looked at it and just ignored it... took nearly a month to get mine to eat it especially my leopards. My Greeks took about a week or so. Now they eat it along with their other foods.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My older sully took to it the first day but it took about a week for my hatchling but they both still eat all the other foods we offer...

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
hi everyone, i have fed grassland tortoise food. my cake( female) gained alittle weight on it. she needed it . mixed it with small amounts of spring mix in it. the male i got later, wouldnt touch it. they both do eat it now but as a snack. female likes her food too much! good luck, lindy

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
HLogic said:
Madkins007 said:

Mark, you should chew your food more thoroughly! :p Hominids have been eating plant foods such as grains and tubers for much longer than Wonder Bread or Pringles have been around. Chew, chew, chew, burst cells, revel in the fiber!

I 'cheated' a bit on the grains, but the grains we eat today compared to the grains then are rather different, and there are other other issues with excess grains in the human diet.

I also agree that Mazuri is 'attractive' (I think 'addictive' may be a bit overstated, but maybe not), probably due to the molasses.

That is another reason I like the 'half and half' diet- it seems to help keep the torts from going pure Mazuri.

Status
Not open for further replies.