Any thoughts on T Rex Tortoise Dry Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
The Republic O' Tejas
pPETS-3759004t400.jpg

Was just given an almost full jar of this stuff (my friend Candice thought her Savannah monitor might eat it...he wasn't as enthusistic about it as he was about the 4 "just weaned" rat pups I brought over).

Ingredients:
Corn, processed wheat middlings, oats, soy (source of fiber), alfalfa meal, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, soy protein, cane molasses, coconut fat, natural flavors, propionic acid, artificial flavors, l-lysine, salt, dl sulfate, choline chloride, d-biotin, zinc oxide, yucca extract, manganous oxide, artificial colors, BHT (preservative), B12 supplement, niacinamide, vitamin A supplement, copper sulfate, calcium pantothenate, calcium iodate, riboflavin, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, cobalt sulfate, dimethylpyrimidinol (vitamin K source), thiamine mononitrate.

Extremely skeptical about this being a "complete diet" ( :rolleyes: ), but maybe mixing in a bit with their Mazuri once or twice a week for variety?

Or is it absolutely useless/dangerous, like dried flies for aquatic turtles?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Even if someone gave me that I wouldn't feed it to my tort...complete crud. Some people however don't believe in throwing anything out, and would feed it over time. In moderation anything is ok, but I don't believe in feeding anything that isn't an ideal food.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
tortoisenerd said:
Even if someone gave me that I wouldn't feed it to my tort...complete crud. Some people however don't believe in throwing anything out, and would feed it over time. In moderation anything is ok, but I don't believe in feeding anything that isn't an ideal food.

Interesting perspective...

tameyourself

10 Year Member!
The first ingredient is CORN... What does that tell you, it is CRAP! I have been given some before in the past (work with a rescue) and I kept it and fed it to my crickets and roaches. I would never feed it to my tortoise.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
tameyourself said:
The first ingredient is CORN... What does that tell you, it is CRAP! I have been given some before in the past (work with a rescue) and I kept it and fed it to my crickets and roaches. I would never feed it to my tortoise.

Doesn't seem to be anything in it that has food value, other than (maybe) the "yucca extract"... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.