purchasing Mazuri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, MO
I noticed alot of people who feed their torts Mazuri, im curious about how people say Trator supply store carrys it... the thing is they do but its for alpacas, comes in a 40 lb bag. Is that what you guys are using from tractor supply? I did notice the ingredients was almost the same as the Mazuri Tortoise diet... Just wanted to know before I bought some :)

ALPACA INGREDIENTS
Wheat middlings, ground soybean hulls, dicalcium phosphate, dehydrated alfalfa meal, yeast culture, flaxseed meal, dehulled soybean meal, cane molasses, salt, biotin, thiamin mononitrate, calcium carbonate, soybean oil, nicotinic acid, choline chloride, artificial flavor, cholecalciferol, zinc proteinate, roughage products, vitamin E supplement, manganese proteinate, selenium yeast, manganese sulfate, calcium sulfate, mineral oil, vitamin A acetate, vitamin D3 supplement, copper chloride, calcium pantothenate, cobalt proteinate, dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate (source of vitamin E), riboflavin supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium iodate, iron proteinate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, folic acid, sodium selenite.

TORTOISE INGEDIENTS-

Ground Soybean Hulls, Ground Corn, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Ground Oats, Wheat Middlings, Cane Molasses, Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dicalcium Phosphate, Brewers Dried Yeast, Calcium Carbonate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, D-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholecalciferol, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Nicotinic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Natural Mixed Tocopherols (a Preservative), Ferrous Carbonate, Citric Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Copper Sulfate, Rosemary Extract, Lecithin, Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.

SORRY ITS LONG... :(

theelectraco

5 Year Member
They are diff products. If your local supply store doesn't carry it, they may be able to special order it for you.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Phobi said:
I noticed alot of people who feed their torts Mazuri, im curious about how people say Trator supply store carrys it... the thing is they do but its for alpacas, comes in a 40 lb bag. Is that what you guys are using from tractor supply? I did notice the ingredients was almost the same as the Mazuri Tortoise diet... Just wanted to know before I bought some :)

they are different products. i noticed you are from columbia, mo. i live only an hour and 15 minutes from there. i'm in columbia every other week. i have a 25 pound bag that i got of the tortoise feed from a local feed store in bowling green, mo that special ordered it for me. my guys aren't eating much. if you are interested in some, let me know and i'd be glad to meet you in columbia sometime and give you some. i'd just charge you what it cost me per pound, nothing extra. if you just want a pound to try it, that's fine. then if you want more later, i can get it to you. just pm me and let me know if you are interested and we could work out details.

Status
Not open for further replies.