Tort Is Restless

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi everybody. Oli has been extremely restless lately. He keeps struggling and fighting trying to get out of his enclosure till the moment he falls asleep. I soak him daily, I hand feed him because he won't eat otherwise, his light is on almost all the time. I even give him lettuce - his favourite. However, he just will not calm down.He really is being naughty, (like was mentioned by @Lyn W and @Kristoff at CDR).

Could it be the sudden drop in temperature, here? Am only guessing.

Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oli has been through this before. I seem to remember something brightly coloured he could see proved to be the cause on one occasion. Do check out if there's something else in his eyeline again.

I know you didn't have options on increasing floor area for him in your apartment, but if that has changed then you should do it.

Apart from that it could be anything including a surge of testosterone making him restless.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Oli has been through this before. I seem to remember something brightly coloured he could see proved to be the cause on one occasion. Do check out if there's something else in his eyeline again.

I know you didn't have options on increasing floor area for him in your apartment, but if that has changed then you should do it.

Apart from that it could be anything including a surge of testosterone making him restless.

Yes, Oli does get into these "weird" moods every now and again.

And yes.... unfortunately I do not have enough space for a bigger enclosure. :(

Many thanks your help as well your advice, Linda. Appreciate both. :<3: