Tort Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Lately it has become a bit chilly here in Arizona and it has been on the rainy side as well. When I get home from work, it is already dark. My question is: How else can I let Wilbur exercise outside of his enclosure when it is already dark outside? Any tips..Thanks in advance.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
living room? How big is wilbur? Is his enclosure outside?

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
zesty_17 said:
How big is wilbur? Is his enclosure outside?
His enclosure is inside and Wilbur is about 3 inches. Still a little hatchling.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I hide food around the enclosure for my two hatchlings, it forces them to explore for their food.

Also, I don't feed them at precisely the same time everyday. Instead, I allot a half hour time period in which I'll put the food in. This keeps things fairly consistent so they don't get too stressed (we all know they like routine!) but it forces them to walk around even more.

Hanging their food can be good too, it forces them to stretch out a bit and can be mentally stimulating. I usually hang some foods in strange places forcing them to figure out how they can access it. Be sure to keep an eye on Wilbur if you do this, he could flip while working on it.

My kitchen table gets a lot of sunlight throughout the day, warming it considerably. Often, I'll bring the two out and sit there interacting with them. No falls, I stay there the whole time and jockey them.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Wonder if it's possible to design a "hamster wheel" for baby tortoises? Anyone want in on this? Could be quite lucrative!! ;):D

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
AnthonyC said:
Wonder if it's possible to design a "hamster wheel" for baby tortoises? Anyone want in on this? Could be quite lucrative!! ;):D

I'm in!!! What should we call it? We need a really catchy name:D:D:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My sister, Maggie, has cleared a space in one of her bedrooms for an exercise area for the babies. She put down indoor/outdoor carpet or reptile carpet, then fenced it in with a cheap fence she bought at Collections, etc.(similar to this without the light: http://www.collectionsetc.com/Produ...ence-border-with-solar-light.aspx/_/Ntt-fence ) She attached a light, placed a hiding place and added babies. The exercise space is bigger than their habitat and gives them something new to look at instead of their boring 4 walls.

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
AnthonyC said:

could i get in it sounds pretty profitable?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.