Introducing new humans

Status
Not open for further replies.

laramie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello everyone,
I will be going to Hawaii in a few weeks and Wilbur is going to be staying with a friend of mine. Here is my question: Since I am the priamary human that he knows/trusts, (and the giver of food), should I be worried that while staying with my friend Wilbur might not eat? I mean if he sees someone else putting the food in his bowl? Hope that made sense.

Thanks in advance:)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
If Wilbur doesn't eat while with your friend I think it would be more from being in a unfamiliar environment and not to much from who is putting the food in the enclosure.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yep, they become attached to their territory (enclosure) but aren't too picky about who puts down the food. So as long as temps, etc., are good and he gets soaked, if needed, if he doesn't eat for awhile, it won't hurt him. If he does, so much the better.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
When my sister-in-law tort/house sat for us for 10 day's the tort's did not seem to notice I was gone. She even had to move them back and forth between their indoor and outdoor enclosures and they were not bothered in the least.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
OMG! Its a SULCATA!

No he's not going to care who the food comes from. Sheesh...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.