The Holiday Thread

puffy137

Baloney! All you need to do is remember how many times you go to lunch with them or shopping with them. Your kids give you a lot more of their time than mine do, and my daughter just lives a quarter mile from me. Quit feeling sorry for yourself, and count your blessings. You have great kids.
Gotta love that Yvonne xxx:D:D:D:<3::<3::<3:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Look what I got at my Christmas staff party tonight :)View attachment 109824
But.....I already have these :rolleyes:. So I probably have like 5 sets of salt & pepper shakers (different turtle ones too), that have never been used. I have so much turtle stuff it's ridiculous!! My point being is my mom collected her whole life of Christmas stuff & I have turtle & tortoise stuff :eek:. At least my stuff can be put out all year round ;)!

How cute! I haven't ever saw any salt and pepper turtle ones in this area. Your people know you. lol

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
3 cheers , I love being alone.:D

I have my time I like being alone (and with kids all grown up and a husband on the road, I get a bunch of that), but holidays are for being with those you love (ie that is SUPPOSE to be your family)

Reactions: pam

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Peyton, those are my kind of Christmas ornaments. :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I heard that 72% of us will get a gift we do not like... and that it normally comes from our Grandparents. :(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The good news is that people are happiest on weekends and holidays. Christmas (despite the stress) ends up being the happiest day of the year (hmmm that sound got it right, huh) :)

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know all those jingle bells you see around? Might be good to pick up a couple. Studies show those things help reduce stress something like 60%. It has to do with the vibrations.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Just wanted to share this :) since I obviously love tortoises & turtles. This was a gift I bought for myself, it's my favorite animal & color & I work with primarily autistic individuals, that's what the puzzle pieces represent. Plus 10% of sales goes to Autism Speaks.
image.jpg

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just wanted to share this :) since I obviously love tortoises & turtles. This was a gift I bought for myself, it's my favorite animal & color & I work with primarily autistic individuals, that's what the puzzle pieces represent. Plus 10% of sales goes to Autism Speaks.
View attachment 109881
That's a neat one!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:( I just realized I never said I liked those other ornaments, too. Sorry I meant to say something. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah...those S. American tortoises are much worse than the African tortoises (who also don't know a cold season). If I left my YF outside I'd have to go find them amidst the thick foliage every night. So I have them blocked in. Harder on them, but much easier on these old knees and back.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I remember being a small child (so like 50 years ago) and going to my Grandmother's house for Christmas. I can still see the huge real tree they had set up in the front room and gifts under it, but I really don't remember opening them. All my mother's siblings and their families and my great aunts would come for the meal. There was a huge dining room table, but so many of us that the kids all ate in the kitchen. I remember sleeping under the table with their dog. lol I do remember one gift. It was a metal semi pulling a trailer loaded with plastic farm animals. I loved that set. I believe it's still boxed up somewhere around here.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah...those S. American tortoises are much worse than the African tortoises (who also don't know a cold season). If I left my YF outside I'd have to go find them amidst the thick foliage every night. So I have them blocked in. Harder on them, but much easier on these old knees and back.

Something tells me I've posted this in the wrong thread???????

Tyanna

Wisconsin
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1418773166.032909.jpg

Cheer up! I got my Christmas sweater today and it's comfy!

This is my first Christmas out of the house, and my grandmother bought me my first ornament for my own tree.. It's a turtle. ;)