The Holiday Thread

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Well, if we're going to be P.C. :

Battle of the Falklands Day is celebrated today on the Falkland Islands

Constitution Day today on the Northern Mariana Islands , Uzbekistan

Today is Immaculate Conception day in Andorra, Argentina, Austria, Chile, Colombia, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macau, Malta, Monaco, Nicaragua, Peru, Portugal, San Marino, Seychelles, Spain, Switzerland and Vatican City

To day is Lady of Camarin Day on Guam

It's Mothers Day in Panama

It's National Youth Day in Albania

Today is Saint Clement of Ohrid Day in Macedonia

And last, but not least, today in Paraguay is the celebration of the Virgin of Caacupe

SO, HERE'S A BIG HOLIDAY GREETING TO ALL OF THOSE IN THESE LISTED COUNTRIES. HAVE A SAFE AND SANE HOLIDAY!!!

Awesome. But what is PC?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Oh. Thanks. I don't like the holidays. It's the dawn of winter, which is even worse. That and my family drives me absolute nuts, except my mom she's ok but talks a lot.

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
here's my ugly sweater... I love how the definition of "ugly" sweater has basically turned into a knit stitched sweater and not like something hideous you end up wearing. I plan to wear this a few times :)
2014-12-09 23.17.02.png

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
One year, my sister had turned 8 in October, we went shopping, and she was pushing the cart, and ran into a whole pile of scooters because she swore she saw Robert Downy Jr. at Walmart. And you know, loud 8yos, everyone around us stared... to her defense, I saw him too, the guy looked JUST like Robert Downy Jr. :p
Okay, I'm good! *goes to hide :D
That's funny yellow turtle

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Here are those pictures I 'promised' :D-
The biggin-
ggk.jpg jj.jpg
The biggin's little cousin upstairs-
vv.jpg
Some other stuff-
f.jpg gg.jpg fp.jpg dd.jpg
Even Howi&Magellan a tree-
jjjj.jpg
In all, we have 3 trees, too many average decorations, and too many snowflakes! Decorating is really a thing here :( Mostly everything lights up, but I can't really get it at night...
And, to finish it off... :D
kk.jpg

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I believe we're beginning to bake this weekend, so I'll roll out the recipes and the finished product pics soon :D

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
My cats would love your home, especially those snowflakes on the fan. o_O
LOL! Our cats are well behaved when it comes to decorations ;)
Have you cats ever tried to climb your curtains/drapes? (if you have any)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
LOL! Our cats are well behaved when it comes to decorations ;)
Have you cats ever tried to climb your curtains/drapes? (if you have any)

In the past I have had a few kittens would like to swing on them. lol Usually it was more them going after a bug (a fly most often) and the curtain just getting in their way.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Here are those pictures I 'promised' :D-
The biggin-
View attachment 109594 View attachment 109595
The biggin's little cousin upstairs-
View attachment 109596
Some other stuff-
View attachment 109597 View attachment 109599 View attachment 109600 View attachment 109601
Even Howi&Magellan a tree-
View attachment 109602
In all, we have 3 trees, too many average decorations, and too many snowflakes! Decorating is really a thing here :( Mostly everything lights up, but I can't really get it at night...
And, to finish it off... :D
View attachment 109603
You guys are certainly ready for the holidays!!! You really go all out :) I just put up our tree. Having a hard time this year to get in the spirit...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't do Christmas decorations anymore. After everyone left home and it's just me here, there's really no reason for it. However, I DO have two strings of the small lights on a tall Euphorbia nerifolia that's too big to move into the greenhouse. Lights then wrapped in plastic to keep the temp above freezing. This system has worked for the past 4 years:

Euphorbia 12-13-14.jpg

At night, when it's dark, it looks christmassy...does that count?

Last edited:

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
:( Sorry to hear that. Anything we can do to help?
Awwww...thanks Jacqui, so sweet! Christmas is hard for me since I lost my mom to cancer! She was the Christmas queen & my best friend!!! She decorated everything & even the bathroom would be decorated & there would even be Santa looking at you LOL!! Plus it doesn't feel like that time of year I guess, no snow! But I'm sure I will get a little bit more in the spirit as it gets closer :) I do have my staff Christmas party tonight...maybe that will help :p

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
I am having a hard time getting into the spirit this year. My boys no longer live at home. I have 2 step children that will spend Christmas with their mother this year. My youngest son lives with his girlfriend. She is pregnant with my first biological grandchild, and has a 3 year old son. Despite my struggles and dedication to creating traditions for my children, this son is caving to the nontraditional girlfriend and going to Seattle for Christmas. This part of her family is distant enough, they have never even met her son.
I know I have to respect his decisions. He is grown, but it breaks my heart.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When my kids were still, well, kids...we usually went to Gramma's house on Christmas Eve and had our own Christmas at our house. Its funny that when my kids got married and had kids of their own, they never once came back home for a holiday, each determined to start their own holiday traditions. So I've gotten used to it. I occasionally accept a holiday dinner invitation, but usually I have my own holidays. (or not)

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
In the past I have had a few kittens would like to swing on them. lol Usually it was more them going after a bug (a fly most often) and the curtain just getting in their way.
Darn you, curtains! :D