Strained to poop

yay14

Location (City and/or State)
stockholm
Hello everyone, today when I soaked my tortoise it seemed like he was struggling a bit with pooping he got it out but it took like 10 minutes. Also he was pulling his head in when pushing. So since he had some trubles going to the batroom i have heard cucumber could help loosen things up, is this true?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hello everyone, today when I soaked my tortoise it seemed like he was struggling a bit with pooping he got it out but it took like 10 minutes. Also he was pulling his head in when pushing. So since he had some trubles going to the batroom i have heard cucumber could help loosen things up, is this true?
So he had trouble having 1 bowel movement. That stuff happens at times. Stop obsessing over that poor baby and allow him the freedom to be a little tortoise without you hovering over him all the time. I realize you love him and want him to be healthy. He'd be happier and more healthy if you'd stop messing with him all the time..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just make sure he's hydrated. Soak him daily for about 30 minutes. That should take care of the constipation problem.

yay14

stockholm
Just make sure he's hydrated. Soak him daily for about 30 minutes. That should take care of the constipation problem.
already am 2 times a day becuse i had some problems with gritty urates but as maggie3fan said it's probably no worries since it was only once