...some of us went to Oregon

RainsOn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NE OK
Rally enjoyed looking at all the pics. Wish I was close enough to go along. Beautiful market. :cool:
The conditions for the birds makes me want to take them home. I love birds! My mother raised them when I was a kid and I have always had one around until we took in a stray tom cat. He just would not leave the birds alone so I gave them to a friend with an aviary. Should have given the cat away. :rolleyes:
I want to see the guy with the alligator kiss the snapping turtle. :D
Love the sulcatas! . . . and that yellow fellow! :eek:
Happy for all of you.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
What a great way to see your fun, meet the fella's and see some of the rescues, in Oregon. Looks like everyone had a really nice time!
Thanks for posting all of this.
I can't believe the young man holding the snapper up against his body. OMG!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
The best part, for me, was Steven saying he thought I was going to be a stooped over old man. He was surprised I wasn't and I was pleased to learn he and I are very close to the same age.

M

Maggie Cummings

Glad y'all had fun. I'd love to hang with you (albeit being very young :rolleyes: ).
I've decided I'm studying in The States. :)
OSU...one of the be
Glad y'all had fun. I'd love to hang with you (albeit being very young :rolleyes: ).
I've decided I'm studying in The States. :)
UF_uwEFPJd1_vgH4EHm_m9w5LtZEsEns9wwHBnhxWuc=s197-p-no

OSU is a great college and you could visit Bob all the time...What a deal!

M

Maggie Cummings

I had so much fun, I should have been twins......I'm an Oregonian so the rain bothered me not.....

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Oh my gosh! I WANNA GO!! I WANNA GO!! What an awesome time it looks like you all had. The photos are just amazing and it is very cool to put faces with names. I am sooooooo jealous!!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So what I think is the most important thing about Brads place is the history behind it. Some 25 years ago, Brad started renting this place. The big farm house,and the barn. The land was zoned a hay field during those times, and Brad was lucky to see a found on road dead bull frog or garter snake. So he rented the place for 10 yrs and eventually bought it for himself.
Once in his ownership the changes started to kick in. First up was getting the zoning changed. He made his appeal to the proper authorities and in time got the place re zoned to a wildlife sanctuary. Then the work started. He started planting the trees. Native oak, fir, dog wood along the creek and cedar. Soon the regular critters started coming back. He built ponds off the creek to help draw the pond folks back.
15 yrs later he's got wood ducks nesting in the housing he's provided, native frogs, our painted turtle sunning, why even the cougar his wonderful wife and baby saw the week before we were there. It's a fun, magical place that I'd be happy to take anyone to when they find themselves out here abouts.