Went to Chicago for my sons Graduation (pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
Last week we went to Chicago for my oldest sons graduation. He graduated from Loyola University. It was a beautiful graduation ceremony. It was extra special since Lawrence gave the Commencement Speech. What a beautiful job he did everyone just loved it. You've never seen a prouder mom. What a beautiful campus Loyola has. He Majored in Political Science and Minored in Sociology. He wants to run political campaigns, but I think he'll end up a Senator or a Congressman someday. Lawrence likes Chicago, but not their weather so he's very happy to be home now. We all went Lawrence's dad my sister and brother-in-law my mother-in-law and of course my husband Cal and the boys. We had a wonderful trip and was hoping that Stephanie Logan's husband was our pilot (American Airlines). :D Chicago is a very beautiful city. We stayed downtown Chicago at the Omni Hotel (where Oprah's guests stay) and it is a very nice hotel. I hope you all enjoy looking at my baby boy who's now quite a wonderful man.

DSC01074.jpg

DSC01078.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

Lawrence and Mom

IMG]http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr210/CandyCal/DSC01021.jpg[/IMG]

Lawrence, mom and Cal (stepfather)

DSC01024.jpg

Lawrence with his brothers Noah (10 years old) and Alexander (13 years old)

DSC01026.jpg

Lawrence with his father (Larry)

DSC00980.jpg

We went out for pizza at one of Lawrence's favorite pizza restaurants, it was great

DSC00991.jpg

View from our room at the Omni Hotel, it was beautiful

DSC01008.jpg

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
What great photos! Congratulations! You must be so proud. :D

Your son is very good-looking, though of course everyone looks good in college robes. ;)

Your pizza place looks just like the same one where we ate with Marci's volleyball team last fall--down off Michigan Avenue, right?

Good luck to Lawrence on his new life as a graduate. :)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy I actually cried when I looked at your beautiful pictures, because my baby is graduating next May, and they will be carrying me out. I cried for all the graduations, but this one will be special to me as he is my last baby. What a beautiful family you have. When your son stood up there and gave the Commencement Speech you must have been so proud....I would have been hysterical. Good luck to him, and congratulations.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
What a proud day for you and your family! Congratulations on raising a son through those awful teen years and in these drug-filled times. It was a hard job and you all came through it very nicely!!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Congratulations :D You must be so proud of your son!!! Wow he did the comencment speach, amazing!!! You have a beautiful family, I am sure you are a very proud mother!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yes Stephanie I think that must be the same one. I wasn't crying Terry because I was video taping his speech, but when we got to the hotel and my husband set it up on the t.v. I had forgotten to push the play button can you believe it. The college video taped it so we ordered it from them. Lawrence is a natural when giving a speech. He was amazing. When I get the tape I will definitely try to post it here. :D

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
Candy said:
He wants to run political campaigns, but I think he'll end up a Senator or a Congressman someday.

A young, handsome man from Chicago with a black father and white mother has no chance of being elected. :D

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow you must be so proud! And you have a beautiful family.
Mm Giordano's...I went there the other weekend :)

I love seeing pictures of "my" city ;) I live about 40 minutes away from the Chi :)

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Oh--this is such a nice set of family pix. Congratulations, Candy. He is a very handsome young man. Did he learn Chicago Politics?? J/K.
I'm going to my niece's high school graduation this Friday. I think she wants to go to Loyola Marymount University here in LA where her mom and I went for grad school. It seems like there are more and more kids growing up every year...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Shelly said:
Candy said:
He wants to run political campaigns, but I think he'll end up a Senator or a Congressman someday.

A young, handsome man from Chicago with a black father and white mother has no chance of being elected. :D

Oh my gosh Shelly I just went back to my threads and saw this and I was busting up laughing. I love people like you that are straight forward with your comments, that was too funny. :D Actually a few people have told him that he looks like Obama although we don't think so. Here's a picture that we took at Loyola's book store when we were there shopping for gifts.

DSC01134.jpg

Kate I love your town. I didn't know that you lived so close.

Mador, Lawrence says that Chicago politics are so corrupt that it makes Los Angeles look mild.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
Obama has that pimple on the side of his nose . but other than that . . .

Belated grats to him. That's a great accomplishment and Loyola is a terrific school. I grew up near Chicago, and I have to say I'm starting to miss the weather. And Illinois politics is indeed quite screwy.

Grats on some awesome parenting.

Frank

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
How great that all his parents and family could attend such an important event! Nahhhh much cuter then Obama. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.