Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
harris said:
Having never owned a sulcata and having no experience with them I am a neutral party. Having said that, I declare this thread UNofficial until there is at least one photo of our beloved King Robert III Fan posted.

Oh...ok...I get it: King Robert = "Bob"
III as in Maggie "3"
and "fan" as in fan!!

Sometimes I just amaze myself at my smarts!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG!!! Harris so smart to create that and Yvonne so smart to figure it out! Two very creative people!...I sure didn't put it together...

TortieGal

5 Year Member
Oregon
Great picture's Maggie! I love that squash face. He looks like he's smiling in most of them, so cute.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
He's so handsome!
Yes he is .... GREAT *** photo's ... and love the pumpkin Face pose!:D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I like the way Bob seems to know how important he is...he knows we are all expecting him to scale those barrier blocks, so he has an expression of "Sure I could if I really wanted to, I'm just waiting for the Food Goddess to go take a nap." :p

And that poor pumpkin ball sure came out the worse for wear after it got the 80-pound smack down! Long live the King! :D

chadk

10 Year Member!
Great shots Maggie. I don't think i've ever seen a pic of Bob with a clean face... Reminds me of some toddlers I know :)

M

Maggie Cummings

Awww come on now, his face is pretty clean in that last shot. I will admit when I look at a line of pictures like this of him it looks like he gets a lot of stuff that I tell newbies not to feed their small Sulcata. I always tell new keepers that their kidneys cannot process sugar the way ours can and we shouldn't feed them fruit. Then I print a line of pictures full of him eating stuff he shouldn't. I am hoping this a case of do as I say and not as I do? These pictures printed here were taken over a 2 or 3 year period. So while he is seen with evidence of watermelon and strawberries smeared over his mug, he didn't eat them in the same time frame. I love the squash face with leafs stuck in it, it makes me laugh. Bob is supplied food from the produce department of a local grocery store. Twice a week I bring home boxes of dark leafy greens, shavings of squash; cantaloupe and berries for my box turtles and grapes for my Sugar Gliders. So he eats a wide variety of greens that are healthy and good for him. I haven't had to pay for food for my 27 chelonia in 3 years. But of course, they've been bought out by Trader Joe's and the store is closing this June.
The son of the old man who started the store a bazillion years ago is talking about opening a produce stand of his own and every night I get on my knees and pray that happens. Then I will continue to get free produce for Bob and my other animals. I bake stuff for them from time to time trying to show my appreciation for what they do for me. They really have no clue how they have saved me.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
maggie3fan said:
OMG!!! Harris so smart to create that and Yvonne so smart to figure it out! Two very creative people!...I sure didn't put it together...

Right on!! I hope you don't mind, but the 2nd to last picture is now my screensaver here at work. Nothin like startin the day off with a smile.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
harris said:
the 2nd to last picture is now my screensaver here at work. Nothin like startin the day off with a smile.

That's my favorite Bob picture too.

S

Scooter

emysemys said:
harris said:
the 2nd to last picture is now my screensaver here at work. Nothin like startin the day off with a smile.

I love that is his tongue is sticking out, so cute lol

M

Maggie Cummings

Scooter said:
emysemys said:
harris said:

I love that is his tongue is sticking out, so cute lol

For me it's the leafs sticking out in the squash...too cute!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I wish I could post pics like these.. but it say there are too big.. i dont get it.. LOVE them!!
Ive been trying to change my avatar too.. no go..

M

Maggie Cummings

Laura said:
I wish I could post pics like these.. but it say there are too big.. i dont get it.. LOVE them!!
Ive been trying to change my avatar too.. no go..

Your camera has 3 settings for picture quality...good better and best, chose the good setting. Or whatever is the least quality setting...at least that's what worked for me. Anyhow, it's the picture quality setting in your camera...Why change your avatar? I love it...thought it was Bob at first...hahaha

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Petunia enjoying the park. She's getting braver around strangers (of which I am still one)!

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.