Let's see your Sulcata

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Awesome! He looks to be part Hippo with that gular looking like huge teeth!
He can run fairly fast for a big old tortoise, and he always chases me. I would cut an apple in 4ths and offer him one. He would ram at my hand, making me drop the piece and he threatens me. Starts doing that 'jump' thing. We all know I could get away from him no problem, but just the powerful way he is, and acts, it make one wary. I will say, all the stuff I hand fed him (sorry Y), I never felt like he would bite me.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
OK, I'll join in. Love seeing all the great sulcatas!

Here's Crush. I hatched him in 1998. Last time I weighed him he was 207 lbs. He is barely squeezing out of the 26" wide doorway in his nighthouse. He now lives with a friend nearby I gave him to. I miss him! Diego is next to him. I got Diego (100 lbs) in 1991 just after hatching at the San Diego Zoo. You can see the difference in overall shape from Crush. Crush came from a pair I got that were imported from Niger which was a collecting point for exports that come from all nearby countries in Africa. Crush certainly seems to have Sudan genes.

IMG_0673.jpg

Danimal

5 Year Member
MS
First one is Sherman, he was a vet estimated 25-30 and 100lbs 8 years ago when we rescued him. He is slightly heavier but overall pretty much the same as when we got him. Oh and next to Sheman in the first pic is Buddy, the hunting dog that won't hunt because he just loves everyone and he's scared of loud noises. The second is Shelly, another male. We bought Shelly a few months before Sherman came along. Shelly is 8 years old and 15lbs.
IMG_9941 copy.jpgIMG_4050.PNGIMG_8430.jpeg

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
OK, I'll join in. Love seeing all the great sulcatas!

Here's Crush. I hatched him in 1998. Last time I weighed him he was 207 lbs. He is barely squeezing out of the 26" wide doorway in his nighthouse. He now lives with a friend nearby I gave him to. I miss him! Diego is next to him. I got Diego (100 lbs) in 1991 just after hatching at the San Diego Zoo. You can see the difference in overall shape from Crush. Crush came from a pair I got that were imported from Niger which was a collecting point for exports that come from all nearby countries in Africa. Crush certainly seems to have Sudan genes.

View attachment 319692

They BOTH are SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!
STUNNING TOO!!! ???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
First one is Sherman, he was a vet estimated 25-30 and 100lbs 8 years ago when we rescued him. He is slightly heavier but overall pretty much the same as when we got him. Oh and next to Sheman in the first pic is Buddy, the hunting dog that won't hunt because he just loves everyone and he's scared of loud noises. The second is Shelly, another male. We bought Shelly a few months before Sherman came along. Shelly is 8 years old and 15lbs.
View attachment 319703View attachment 319705View attachment 319706

I love every picture on here!!
Again.... SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!!!
And ...(I LOVE the doggie expression)...
????
What a beautiful family you have. And a great job you are doing!!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I wonder why Shelly is 8 yrs old and only 15 lbs? Should be closer to 80 lbs? Mary Knobbins is 6 to 8 years old and 20 lbs. But she was mistreated and is pyramided. She will never be as big as she is supposed to be. Your Shelly is small too...
Mary Knobbins
100_4169.JPG

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I wonder why Shelly is 8 yrs old and only 15 lbs? Should be closer to 80 lbs? Mary Knobbins is 6 to 8 years old and 20 lbs. But she was mistreated and is pyramided. She will never be as big as she is supposed to be. Your Shelly is small too...
Mary Knobbins
View attachment 319752

Again.... gorgeous!
Oooo.... what is that you gave her? The green leaves...???

Danimal

5 Year Member
MS
Mary Knobbins
View attachment 319752

Mulberry leaves?
Could be my scale, I was on auto pilot when I did all that. He feels heavier when you lift him and physical size is close to half the size of the other just not real heavy.