Adult Sulcata bite

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I was bitten by a nasty fish a few years ago...... Was out fishing as a kid with my dad on a commercial boat off the Rehoboth Beach coast. Someone pulled in a fish. I didnt think anything of it, picked it off the deck and the darn thing produced nasty fangs & bit the tip of my finger off! Yikes - blood all over from a fish bite. Learned my lesson - don’t stick your finger into a fish’s mouth! Esp one that has piranha-like teeth.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Not on a tiny 2" turtle, you couldn't. You wouldn't be able to bear it! ?

hahaha. You are absolutely correct! I would not have been able to handle that one..?
Maybe I should start putting liquor into my house?? Maybe then?????
Nope.....no.....nnnoooooo way! I STIILL could not handle that one!! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I first use hydr

I wasn't paying attention to Sam, he came up on my right side, and he bit my hand as I was throwing food on the ground. I honestly think that Sulcata and other tortoises who were fed by hand think that your actual hand is food. I've always said how smart they are, but really? They are pre-historic, and we anthropomorphize them. Especially I do.You don't get bit because I imagine that you treat your chelonia like wild animals, my sister does as well. I only have 3, and unless somebody throws one over the fence, I don't do rescues anymore. So mine are pets and I spend a lot of time with them.

just like a man..... to come sneaking up on your right side...??
don’t quote me .. but I am pretty sure that’s how I got PG for the first time?!?!?..
as for your hand being food... yes I can honestly say I agree.
Sometimes when I’m putting the
food down ; mine sniffs my hand... then sniffs the food ....and sniffs my hand again. so I’m wondering if I am the one that smells like dessert? And to save me for later?
But without a third sniff my hand is out of there!!!!
Lastly, you mentioned about another tort being thrown over your fence??????
.... I am just sayin ..... IF I get bit again.....
Seems hard to be cause I don’t do hand feeding anymore...but like you I still put the food down for her....SSSSOOOOOO......
I repeat... IF.... I get bit ONE -MORE-TIME!
??????????????
You m-I-g-h-t find a large tan moving “Rock” in your yard.?
I am just saying “IF”.
my advice for you till then.....
“Your gonna need a bigger ... fence.” ????????????????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I was bitten by a nasty fish a few years ago...... Was out fishing as a kid with my dad on a commercial boat off the Rehoboth Beach coast. Someone pulled in a fish. I didnt think anything of it, picked it off the deck and the darn thing produced nasty fangs & bit the tip of my finger off! Yikes - blood all over from a fish bite. Learned my lesson - don’t stick your finger into a fish’s mouth! Esp one that has piranha-like teeth.

Wwwwwwwhhhhhhh!!!!???!!!!
Why?!?!?!!?!!?
Did you ask the fish why he was such a jerk?????
Holy cow!!!!!! Ooouchhhh!!!!
I would have gotten the tip of my finger back! ....?
I hope you are better now? ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Not on a tiny 2" turtle, you couldn't. You wouldn't be able to bear it! ?

what about a rubber band snap on his butt?
Like we used to get by our peers in school.
??????????????

HEY GUYS!!?????
This is only a JOKE!!!!
Do NOT try this on any animal EVER!!!!! ???????????????

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sorry I'm laughing, a fish lollololololololololo
Thank you for caring. The nurse did her job and my finger is alright. I was sick because I have chronic kidney failure, and some days are worse than others. I most probably should not have included in this thread, because it sounds so bad, but most of the time I feel good, don't know anything is wrong. So please don't feel sorry for me. I am fine f*cked up Insecure neurotic and emotional...fine lol however, I really feel ok. may feel ok for weeks, then for no reason spending the next week in bed. but I'm good right here right now
EXCEPT, evidently having a nurse right next door would be a good thing...only now my finger is infected...