Secret Santa Gift Arrivals

danosaurous

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rhode Island
I just received my gift!! I absolutely love it!! :) I am a baker so my gifts will be put to great use!! I got a tortoise cookie cutter, turtle chocolate molds, and a candy funnel used to pour chocolate! Thanks SO much Walnut Creek Santa :)

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
I received my SS gift today and I love it!!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1386811619.816130.jpg ImageUploadedByTortForum1386811634.529667.jpg
Yummy Starbucks coffee in cute reusable bags!! Yay thank you SS! My SS must be Barista5261 [GREEN HEART]

Last edited by a moderator:

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
LisaTurtle said:

Yummy Starbucks coffee in cute reusable bags!! Yay thank you SS! My SS must be Barista5261 [GREEN HEART]

*coughcoughnoitmustbesomeothertortoiselovingbaristacoughcough*

Sorry, had a bad cough [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LisaTurtle said:

Woohoo, nice and delicious.:). Great gifts so far.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
danosaurous said:
I just received my gift!! I absolutely love it!! :) I am a baker so my gifts will be put to great use!! I got a tortoise cookie cutter, turtle chocolate molds, and a candy funnel used to pour chocolate! Thanks SO much Walnut Creek Santa :)

:D It's funny, when you first submitted your SS information to me, my first thought was, "I wonder if he has a tortoise cookie cutter". :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Barista5261 said:
LisaTurtle said:

That's awesome :D

I love all the responses [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]

danosaurous said:

Those sound SO cool!

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Barista5261 said:
LisaTurtle said:

Haha!!! [TURTLE] THANK YOU!!! [HOT BEVERAGE] [CHRISTMAS TREE] I think we are getting a Keurig coffee maker for Xmas from my parents so I'm excited to make my own coffee pods! And we LOVE our Starbucks here in Seattle! :) Thanks again!!

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
LisaTurtle said:
Barista5261 said:
LisaTurtle said:

Haha!!! [TURTLE] THANK YOU!!! [HOT BEVERAGE] [CHRISTMAS TREE] I think we are getting a Keurig coffee maker for Xmas from my parents so I'm excited to make my own coffee pods! And we LOVE our Starbucks here in Seattle! :) Thanks again!!

You are very welcome! If you get a K-cup machine, there are adapters you can buy anywhere they sell the machines that allow you to brew ground up coffee [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] the adapter has a little mesh reusable coffee filter inside it.

I am full of random useless information haha.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
So I got my SS gift today!! I accidentally opened it though! I meant to save it for Xmas :) But as you can see in the background of the picture, I received more than one priority mail box today and tore into it without thinking...Anywho, I got some lovely yarn!! And in my fav color :)

2013-12-12 19.41.02.jpg

Thank you!! There is no note or return address, so I have noooooo idea who my SS is!

Last edited by a moderator:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
No clues in the box?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I love that fuzzy yarn. I have an old chest just plumb full of yarn. Do I knit or crochet? Used to, but not at all now. Maybe I'll bet back into it. When I do, I'll challenge you, Pokeymeg, to a knit off!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Yvonne G said:
I love that fuzzy yarn. I have an old chest just plumb full of yarn. Do I knit or crochet? Used to, but not at all now. Maybe I'll bet back into it. When I do, I'll challenge you, Pokeymeg, to a knit off!

Hahahaha, you're on!! It's amazing how quickly yarn can gather. I literally have a yarn shop in my basement and I love it :)

And no, no clues on the box! (On the box I sent out I drew a turtle to identify it as TFO-related [hint hint] and the lady at the post office was worried I had a live turtle in there! haha)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I like the colors of the yarn. I tried knitting again a couple years ago. Only made scarves for my dog. If I went any bigger, like human length, well, it would get really odd shaped:D. Happy knitting or crocheting. Btw which one do you do? Or both.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
wellington said:
I like the colors of the yarn. I tried knitting again a couple years ago. Only made scarves for my dog. If I went any bigger, like human length, well, it would get really odd shaped:D. Happy knitting or crocheting. Btw which one do you do? Or both.

I'd love to know how to crochet! I'm told it's much faster (and you can make things like turtle cozies!). For now, I only knit :) Scarves, hats, mittens and socks....I don't have the patience for bigger projects!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Pokeymeg said:
Yvonne G said:

Hahahaha, you're on!! It's amazing how quickly yarn can gather. I literally have a yarn shop in my basement and I love it :)

And no, no clues on the box! (On the box I sent out I drew a turtle to identify it as TFO-related [hint hint] and the lady at the post office was worried I had a live turtle in there! haha)

I think my SS is going to figure it out pretty quick who their SS because I left a clue [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I love to stop and look at the yarn that's for sale. So many beautiful colors and interesting textures. Looks like you received some pretties!!

birdandtortoiselover

5 Year Member
South Florida
Pokeymeg said:
So I got my SS gift today!! I accidentally opened it though! I meant to save it for Xmas :) But as you can see in the background of the picture, I received more than one priority mail box today and tore into it without thinking...Anywho, I got some lovely yarn!! And in my fav color :)

Thank you!! There is no note or return address, so I have noooooo idea who my SS is!

I'm glad you like it!!! :D As I mentioned in an earlier post, I came home from the post office only to realize that the card (which also included a little seed packet of purple zinnia seeds since you mentioned gardening) was sitting on my desk and I had forgotten it :/ But I'm thrilled you like the colors! I tried to get a few varieties and textures so you had some options to work with haha

theresal

5 Year Member
Terrytown,LA
I'm so excited about my SS gift. I received it in the mail yesterday, so I opened it. I had intended to save it for Christmas but I thought maybe it was something I had ordered online. The outside of the envelope said do not bend, so I immediately assumed it was some sort of picture. I really love it and wanted one like it when I saw it online a long while ago. Of couse as lots of cool things I see I had forgotten about it. Anyway, it will go in my tortoise pen on the wall. I will post a picture of it tonight. Thanks, Secret Santa, you really did a great job picking and probably couldn't go wrong with the gift.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Re: RE: Secret Santa Gift Arrivals

birdandtortoiselover said:
Pokeymeg said:

I'm glad you like it!!! :D As I mentioned in an earlier post, I came home from the post office only to realize that the card (which also included a little seed packet of purple zinnia seeds since you mentioned gardening) was sitting on my desk and I had forgotten it :/ But I'm thrilled you like the colors! I tried to get a few varieties and textures so you had some options to work with haha

Oh I missed that post!!

Thank you!! And the thought of purple zinnia is appreciated too, even if they didn't make it! I actually had some in my garden this year, they are lovely little flowers :)