Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

What the heck happened to the Secret Santa experience? I had a great experience with mine from the very beginning. From the excitement of getting together my presents to ship off to the receiving of my gift. It was wonderful. I was looking forward to reading about everyone else's great experiences... but it bombed. Nada nothing no how no way none. It simply all fell apart. I emailed my guy to make sure he had received my gift but I was ignored. There's not been much posted about it and now it's gone from not much to nothing. What dah h?

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
I was thinking the same thing... We didn't receive ours still. And now we are in Florida till January 9. Hopefully it's there when we get back. I was hoping everyone would keep the hype up and upload pics and such.. But nothing :( thanks for sharing yours with all of us!!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I agree.

Thanks for your update - I really enjoyed reading it. I know a few people that got theirs, but there were no other pictures and nobody really seemed enthusiastic about it.

I've not received my gift yet, but I've been told it should be here soon. I'll be sure to post pictures when it arrives. :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Maggie, I was thinking the same thing!!
I had a pretty nice experience, although you were correct in my 'moving' parts. It did come broken, that's why I didn't post a pic.No ones fault, just if you haven't shipped before, you sometimes don't know the Post Office, has some more 'gentle' handlers than others.
Maybe lots of folks have this week off and are on a vacation!!
Looking forward to pics!
Nay

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
For myself, I had my camera borrowed by my eldest daughter, until she leaves the area and heads back to MO. So until it comes back, no pictures, sorry. She should be bringing it back in the next few days however.

I also think the time of year has a lot to do with it. Folks are just plain busy with kids out of school, days off from work, then playing catch up at work, family and friends to get together with, just a way busier hustle and bustle then normal. ;)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I am apparently in the minority- I got mine (thanks again, Nay!) and my person got theirs. Hopefully others will get theirs soon- it is sad when things like this fall apart.

I had been planning on doing a photo of the beautiful painting I got, so... (got up, found the camera, took a few shots, loaded it to the computer, did the TinyPics thing and...)

2v83l0p.jpg

5v0ynr.jpg

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Madkins007 said:
I am apparently in the minority- I got mine (thanks again, Nay!) and my person got theirs. Hopefully others will get theirs soon- it is sad when things like this fall apart.

I had been planning on doing a photo of the beautiful painting I got, so... (got up, found the camera, took a few shots, loaded it to the computer, did the TinyPics thing and...)

2v83l0p.jpg

5v0ynr.jpg

Wow, that's stunning! Thanks for sharing! :)

Beautiful picture. It's good that a couple of people have posted pictures, and some still plan to.

M

Maggie Cummings

Well Mark, I guess you and I had a great time giving and receiving, not necessarily in that order. I, like you, put a lot of thought into what I was giving. I feel sad that my person is not to be heard from. But I will always be grateful to you for the fun experience . You put a lot of thought and energy into my gift and not only is it a great gift, the experience was fun too.
Maybe things will change after the holiday season ends. And I will be grateful for that also. Happy New Year to all...

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Wait wait, me too. I had a wonderful time, after I sat down and stopped stressing on what I could get someone. It was neat to try and be secretive. Too bad I had a detective on my receiving end!! I also believe my SS gave quite abit of thought for their gift to me also, just didn't realize the shipping issues you can encounter.
So count me in on the good time!!
Nay

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I enjoyed doing it, and hope we do it next year. My only problem/concern is my gifts are usually not well thought out,so I often think the recipient of my gifts might be sad or disappointed. I received a nice tortoise statue from grigorlove (susan) I guessed my S right away.

M

Maggie Cummings

Nay said:
Wait wait, me too. I had a wonderful time, after I sat down and stopped stressing on what I could get someone. It was neat to try and be secretive. Too bad I had a detective on my receiving end!! I also believe my SS gave quite abit of thought for their gift to me also, just didn't realize the shipping issues you can encounter.
So count me in on the good time!!
Nay

OK you're in! Sorry I left you out!

OK David you can't be in until you've posted a picture...:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You shouldn't have given me a year to procrastinate.

M

Maggie Cummings

dmmj said:
You shouldn't have given me a year to procrastinate.

I didn't. I expect you to post a picture of your statue today!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The only reason I didn't join you all is because I really, really, REALLY hate to shop. But it sounds like it was a lot of fun. I just may join in next, or rather, this year!

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Sorry guys. I did post a thread and was hoping you'd all post pictures on there but nothing!
I can't do it all on my own, I had to have you guys post pics etc!

I never received my SS and probably never will!

Would people like me to release the sheet with who got who as there SS? I've tried to get in touch with the likes of SulcataSquirts SS with no luck. So that way you can get in touch if you haven't received.
Hopefully it'll be more successful this year.

M

Maggie Cummings

stephiiberrybean said:
Sorry guys. I did post a thread and was hoping you'd all post pictures on there but nothing!
I can't do it all on my own, I had to have you guys post pics etc!

I never received my SS and probably never will!

Would people like me to release the sheet with who got who as there SS? I've tried to get in touch with the likes of SulcataSquirts SS with no luck. So that way you can get in touch if you haven't received.
Hopefully it'll be more successful this year.

I started this thread before you started your thread, I believe. Sorry, I'll post a pix over there...

Status
Not open for further replies.