Second story heating

Tyanna

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Hi! Have a question about my second story. It is very small..nothing TOO big at all. Unfortunately I have no photos on me, but this example is about the size of mine, from what you can see of it.

images.jpg

I currently have a 100 watt MVB, which is what I had extra, and it works well. BUT, I have been unsuccessful growing anything under my MVBs, and wanted to make the second level filled with plants, hiding areas, etc. Just really full of vegetation. Would a fluorescent bulb be able to give off enough heat to heat up the second floor, or should I just add a fluorescent in addition to my heat source of choice? I'm also going to temporarily cover the second story with foil to help hold in the heat/humidity.

mijojr

South Dakota
Fluorescent light fixtures give off little to no heat. You will definitely need another heating source.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
How cold is the ambient temperature in your house?

If you are covering it with foil or something that will hold in heat, a fluorescent light might be enough. They do get warm. I have the opposite problem in that a fluorescent light in a closed chamber often makes it too hot.

Tyanna

Wisconsin
How cold is the ambient temperature in your house?

If you are covering it with foil or something that will hold in heat, a fluorescent light might be enough. They do get warm. I have the opposite problem in that a fluorescent light in a closed chamber often makes it too hot.

About high 60s..