second story walls/barrier suggestions

mtalley

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
GA
photo.JPGI need some recommendations for the walls for Clyde's (russian tortoise) second story loft. I made him a second story to add more space to his enclosure about a month ago. I currently have 4" craft picket fencing from Michaels. (Picture attached)
I came home today and found him with his head stuck in the fence, I thought he was gone. Luckily, I was able to free him and he is Ok. Due to this, I am NOT using that fencing anymore, nor do I recommend it to anyone else!!! Does anyone else have another type of wall on their second story that is more solid?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Yes torts can be a real problem if they can see out they want out . Remember that old saying the grass is always greener on the other side :)

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
Grandpa Turtle 144 said:
Yes torts can be a real problem if they can see out they want out . Remember that old saying the grass is always greener on the other side :)

Lol that is true!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm a fan of wood...

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Utah
I use a picket fencing I bought at michaels but the space between slats is smaller it works for me because my second story is more like a little deck and I didn't need the height to keep my tort in just something to keep her from falling off she was mad at the fence at first but she's over it now and pulls her feet up on the ramp when she goes down so that she slides....pretty funny

I will post a picture for you when I get home.