creating a second story

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerNameWas_Lola

5 Year Member
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how some of you made a second story for your indoor tortoise enclosures. I am using a 54 Gallon rubbermaid tote now and im having a difficult time trying to figure out a good way to make a second story. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

Thanks

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
HerNameWas_Lola said:
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how some of you made a second story for your indoor tortoise enclosures. I am using a 54 Gallon rubbermaid tote now and im having a difficult time trying to figure out a good way to make a second story. Does anyone have any ideas or pictures?

Thanks

Hiya Lola,
Glad to hear you're searching for a way to add some space and exercise for your tort. I'd be happy to help but I need some specs first:

Tote dimensions: Width, Length and Height?
Is the tote clear or colored?
Do you still have the lid for it?

Just get back to me when you can and we'll see what we can do on the cheap and in the easiest way possible, unless you specify otherwise. :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Here is a 40"x72" Loft type table above the heat hide in the hypo hut~
ABC5_zpsfa900c89.jpg
ABC7_zps12126404.jpg
ABC9_zpseda279cb.jpg

and next door in the CherryHouse ......there are actually 3 of them , two smaller 24"x48" for neo nates and Jr.s......and since these pics I built a large one 48"x80" above their hide as well .....
BB23_zps09699543.jpg
BB24_zpsf0410198.jpg

" Happy Building"

JD~

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
Ok....I am now officially in love with the finish on your stacks. I can't tell on my phone, is that stencil and airbrush work or papered?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Lasciels Toy said:
Ok....I am now officially in love with the finish on your stacks. I can't tell on my phone, is that stencil and airbrush work or papered?

Well LT'.....good ol' spray paint and some help from Mother Nature...
( I use real branches and use sort of like a stencil)....just free hand overlap ,shadow and blend ....SPPPPPRRAAYYv^v^AWAYYYY ;)

undefined

Lasciels Toy

5 Year Member
Florida
I'm really impressed, very creative and it came out beautiful. It's always that extra bit of effort :)

HerNameWas_Lola

5 Year Member
photo.JPGphoto1.JPGphoto2.JPG

hey guys my girlfriend came up with an idea that actually worked pretty well. above are the photos of the process. my only concern is the lighting fixture. i feel like its too high and i dont like how its slanted and i feel like its too high to provide the proper heat. its a uva uvb light bulb. any suggestions? i like my set up right now because shes already crawled on top of the log, under the second floor out by the ramp and up to the second floor. so it seems like shes interested. should i maybe provide a half a cover with a piece of plywood? and then maybe i could attach the light to the ply wood and hang it over the middle i dont know. any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.