Ideas needed for turning sissys house into a 2 story house

TaylorTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Abington
Sissy is going to have a lovely life with you and Spike - you are taking so much trouble to get everything perfect for her - she can't thank you herself, but I'm sure you will be able to sense then she is happy.
By the way you mentioned you are hoping to get married fairly soon - when Richard and I got round to getting married, we didn't tell anyone, but we did have Zola as Best Tortoise, instead of having a Best Man. Maybe Sissy could be a bridesmaid ?
Angie
View attachment 341204
This is hysterical!!! Oh my. Did you actually have a best tortoise in your wedding?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Of course- it was 15 or so years ago now, but we had been together for a long time previously, and we wanted to make sure as we got older, that there wouldn't be any legal problems if one of us were ill,etc. Neither of us had any close family in the uk -, and Zola was our only family,really.We didn't tell anyone we were getting married -no guests, just the registrar who legalised it, two secretaries from a local office who witnessed it, and Zola - he loved it, and the registrar included him in her little speech. He behaved perfectly, almost as if he knew it mattered.
Angie

Dragon

michagin
We didnt go with the plastic. Spike decided he would build her a brand new wood and screen house. he was a bit upset about the fact that everything we had gotten for her was wrong and we had to redo everything....mostly the cost as were on ss and ssdi. But he went into the wood shop and looked around and found some good wood and he took the 2 planks he had under my mattress out so we'd have the wood we needed ( the wood under the mattress wasnt helping my back any anyway) we dont have the lights inside either we have them on the outside resting on the screen. He also needed a few days of rest from building boxes. lol he had built the basic snow salt box my oldest daughter wanted for christmas and then the dog toybox my oldest daughtere wanted for her new puppy and then of course the first turtle box.... he still dosnt want me to use the table saw he got me for valintines day 2 years ago lol. im not sure about his thinking there....every saw i have CAN cut off my fingers or hands IF i let them get to close to the blade....and unlike all my other saws the table saw has a push stick to use when you get close to the end of the wood your cutting. a funny thing about the table saw....when he first got it for me he took me into the wood shop to show me how to use safely.... and while he was showing me how to use it and telling me how dangrouse it can be and to NOT take the saftys off...well he took the safty off and wasnt paying attention to what he was doing and wound up cutting a big hunk out of his thumb. and of course being the macho he man that he is he refused to go to the er for stiches... which he did need....but as long as the bleeding stopped I just put some alchol on it and bandaged it up. and of course watched for any signs of infection. He healed up quite nicely and i didnt mention he would have gotten pain meds for it if he had gone to the er or ready care... that would have worked better then just asprain. when i was younger i studyed to become a medical assistant....unfrountly the panic attacks prevented me from doing my externship so i never got my degree. BUT i was still a stright A student. lol Spike worries about fire too... On those raire occaissons when i actualy go somewhere with him....He turns all the lights off....im not trilled about that but frountly I dont go out often and if im with him he dosnt take as long to get home lol one nice thing iv noticed is sissy is moving around more in her house since we changed the lighting I cant wait to see what she will do when she finally gets her new house and has so much more room. we"er not building a closed side in this one as she has her cave to go into. Shes already comming up to the windo to see me now that shes right next to my chair. and as soon as we get everything we need to done i will get a button on her st pattys day shell cover! I cant wait to take a picture of her in it! im going to make another one just like it to put in my stock box. someday i will start selling things again lol

Dragon

michagin
Of course- it was 15 or so years ago now, but we had been together for a long time previously, and we wanted to make sure as we got older, that there wouldn't be any legal problems if one of us were ill,etc. Neither of us had any close family in the uk -, and Zola was our only family,really.We didn't tell anyone we were getting married -no guests, just the registrar who legalised it, two secretaries from a local office who witnessed it, and Zola - he loved it, and the registrar included him in her little speech. He behaved perfectly, almost as if he knew it mattered.
Angie
How wounderful that zola could be in your wedding!! Spike and i are hoping to get married on jan 21 next year. Thats when I will go on ss instead of ssdi. we would have gotten married sooner but if we did I would have lost my ssdi including the medical and we just couldnt afford that. Not sure who will be doing the wedding...Id like a church wedding this time around but not sure where we could go. The pastor at the chruch i sometimes go to wont marry us unless spike moves out for 6 months or so as he dosnt condone people living together unwed. which i understand but IF we could afford to do that we couldnt have afforded to get married in the first place .... but where ever we get married my service dog will be with me....hopefuly my sheba...she is so old now i dont know if she will make it another year. we have to lift her on and off of the furnture and now she is having trouble getting down or up the one step that leads to the outside dog yard. But as long as shes not in pain I will take care of her and carry her if nessary anywhere she needs to go. Im a little worried about her health at the moment as she wants to be right with me all the time now...even on my chair which she stoped doing as she got older...So she gets even more spoiled now then she was before lol As far as being in the wedding I doupt it...lol I dont think anyone would let me have all my animal children in or even at the wedding....although it would make great pictures...me spike my 3 kids and there spouses my grandson and my 2 brothers my sister...2 dogs a cat a bird and a tortus lol basicaly the only people who will be there would be my kids and my siblins and maybe my best friend if she can get down here from the U P. even having been her for about 20 years I still dont know anyone in our small village...although they all know me lol im my brothers sister my and neice and nephews aunt! lol some people have even started using my actual name!! lol

TaylorTortoise

Abington
How wounderful that zola could be in your wedding!! Spike and i are hoping to get married on jan 21 next year. Thats when I will go on ss instead of ssdi. we would have gotten married sooner but if we did I would have lost my ssdi including the medical and we just couldnt afford that. Not sure who will be doing the wedding...Id like a church wedding this time around but not sure where we could go. The pastor at the chruch i sometimes go to wont marry us unless spike moves out for 6 months or so as he dosnt condone people living together unwed. which i understand but IF we could afford to do that we couldnt have afforded to get married in the first place .... but where ever we get married my service dog will be with me....hopefuly my sheba...she is so old now i dont know if she will make it another year. we have to lift her on and off of the furnture and now she is having trouble getting down or up the one step that leads to the outside dog yard. But as long as shes not in pain I will take care of her and carry her if nessary anywhere she needs to go. Im a little worried about her health at the moment as she wants to be right with me all the time now...even on my chair which she stoped doing as she got older...So she gets even more spoiled now then she was before lol As far as being in the wedding I doupt it...lol I dont think anyone would let me have all my animal children in or even at the wedding....although it would make great pictures...me spike my 3 kids and there spouses my grandson and my 2 brothers my sister...2 dogs a cat a bird and a tortus lol basicaly the only people who will be there would be my kids and my siblins and maybe my best friend if she can get down here from the U P. even having been her for about 20 years I still dont know anyone in our small village...although they all know me lol im my brothers sister my and neice and nephews aunt! lol some people have even started using my actual name!! lol
I am getting married on the beach this September!! My tortoises will be down, but in the hotel room. Lol

Dragon

michagin
spike and i are hoping to get married in Jan. Hopefuly my service dog Sheba will still be with me and yes she will not only be at the wedding she will be IN the wedding lol

zolasmum

5 Year Member
spike and i are hoping to get married in Jan. Hopefuly my service dog Sheba will still be with me and yes she will not only be at the wedding she will be IN the wedding lol
That's great- Maybe Sheba could be a bridesmaid, with a little garland of flowers. When we met the registrar to arrange our wedding, she said she would be happy to have Zola there - she said people often bring dogs, but never a tortoise, and wanted a photo for her publicity display! What mattered to us was that Zola is basically all the family Richard and I have , and it didn't feel right not to include him. He was so good, too - behaved impeccably !
Do you mind me asking what Sheba is for you - I mean, is she an emotional support dog, or something else?
I think it is rather shocking that the pastor of your church won't marry you unless you have lived apart for 6 months
- it seems very unkind !
Angie

Dragon

michagin
That's great- Maybe Sheba could be a bridesmaid, with a little garland of flowers. When we met the registrar to arrange our wedding, she said she would be happy to have Zola there - she said people often bring dogs, but never a tortoise, and wanted a photo for her publicity display! What mattered to us was that Zola is basically all the family Richard and I have , and it didn't feel right not to include him. He was so good, too - behaved impeccably !
Do you mind me asking what Sheba is for you - I mean, is she an emotional support dog, or something else?
I think it is rather shocking that the pastor of your church won't marry you unless you have lived apart for 6 months
- it seems very unkind !
Angie
i know what you mean, i'll e 64 on the 20th and spike will be 75 in may. I like to be married in a church this time around, but dont know if we can find anyone from the cllugey to marry us. I dont even care what religen....but so far it looks like i'll have to do the justice of the peace again...oh well as long as we can get married somewhere i'll be happy. the only reason were not already married is because i'll loose my ssdi if we get married......while im still on disablity...spike came here in jan so we want to get married on that date....i'll be 64 in march...we figure we could make it for a few months from jan to march of next year...guess we'll see when we got there