Scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Having just recently had some valuable tortoises stolen from us, I can sympathize a little with your situation. It'll take some time to get over the initial shock, and being violated really takes a long time to get over. What's helped me is to attempt to be optimistic, even if it's fake...you know...tell yourself something until you believe it type of thing and don't get bogged down thinking of all the things you should have done. All I can say is that I am sorry, if it's any consolation whatsoever, you are not the first person this has happened too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just wanted to let everyone know. I posted a ad on craigslist about that site being scammers. The ad was flagged and removed. Don't know why. My suspicion is that somehow they, the scammers can watch for that kind of stuff?

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
I too am sorry to hear about this. My brother inlaw tried to buy (what he thought was a great deal) a harley on ebay. So he sent $9000 to whoever it was and come to find out it was some scammer from some african nation. So the loan he took out to get the "bike", he had to pay interest on too. I tried to warn him about being scam'd on ebay cause I almost got scam'd too, But live and learn I guess. I hope you never have to go thru anything like this again!

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
Well, she is still 'in business'... I inquired about the acquisition of a few specimens and received a response. Unfortunately, I used gmail which doesn't give me sufficient mail header information to determine where the originator is. I am going to try to pull a quick switch on them & see if scamming a scammer will work.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Whoo hoo!! Way to go ART!! Keep us in the loop, would you?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Play on their greed, inquire about a really big order.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
HLogic said:
Well, she is still 'in business'... I inquired about the acquisition of a few specimens and received a response. Unfortunately, I used gmail which doesn't give me sufficient mail header information to determine where the originator is. I am going to try to pull a quick switch on them & see if scamming a scammer will work.

Ha! I emailed her (him...it?) and got a response too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
HLogic said:

I sent an email yesterday also. Trying to get an address, pretending I was going to be in their area next month. They told me what they had, but totally ignored the part about me wanting to come there and pick out what I wanted

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Tank!! I'm so sorry that happened... and I'm mad as hell that people like those scammers do what they do. If I had a Leopard, I would send it straight to you.

Way to go, Art and Neal - scamming scammers is a brilliant idea, and it's made for a hell of a TV show - Leverage. ;)
Outsmart those bad guys, guys!!!

Who are the Leopard breeders out here on the forum??? Can any of you spare a baby? Or are there any of you out there who could pay the breeder to gift the Leopard to Tank? Can a few of us chip in $10, or $5 a piece, or something?

Like Tom said, I absolutely detest any sort of crookedness. I hate to think that more shady people exist in this world than pure people... can we show Tank that those shady scammers don't get to win?

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Well I guess I can go ahead and say, that Coreyc is so awesome and is going to send me a little Leo very soon!!!:-D I am do excited thanks everyone for all your support!

Honey

5 Year Member
Springfield, MO
Coreyc, you rock!! Congrats, Tank! At least you know that your new little one will be in great shape when it arrives...

:D

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Honey said:
Coreyc, you rock!! Congrats, Tank! At least you know that your new little one will be in great shape when it arrives...

No I dont rock GOD rocks :) after reading her thread I felt the Lord telling me to do somthing so I did:) it's not me at all. All I ask is that takes great care of him/her and send's me lots of pic's

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Amen to that coreyc!!!! I promise you there will be lots of pics and trust me when I say it's like a nature show I can sit and watch my torts all day. Even watch them sleep. I love daily soaks

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Coreyc, you DO ROCK!

God speaks to us all.... we don't all listen! and it is our actions in Life that that is a reflection of who we are...

YOU ROCK!

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
coreyc said:
Honey said:

No I dont rock GOD rocks :) after reading her thread I felt the Lord telling me to do somthing so I did:) it's not me at all. All I ask is that takes great care of him/her and send's me lots of pic's

"GOD SPEAKS THROUGH US...AS US!!!"

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Funny......I do beleive this is the same person that tried to sell me my animals, using my own pictures......Then tried to tell me I was trying to scam them......

Just an FYI......

jkingler

5 Year Member
Way to go, speaking up and calling in the cavalry, TotallyTank. And way to live good values, coreyc. So glad to see that this ended well.

I hope you guys form a club to scam scammers. If you do, let me know, as it would be fun. You could make threads (or send PMs, if the forum frowns on such activity) and we could all send occasional emails feigning interest and stupidity where sending money is concerned. Sounds like time well spent to me (or at least more productive and entertaining than most TV shows people would be watching instead of doing this).

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
HLogic said:

:)

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow...I just saw this thread. I can't believe it. The same thing happened to me a few years ago. That is when Yvonne sent me my little Box Turtle Chewy. I know what a horrible thing it is to save up your money and then to have some creep scam you. God bless YOU Coreyc.....God bless you!!
I gotta tell ya...this is THE best forum on the net. I LOVE how everyone comes together for each other. Now I'm crying..........

Status
Not open for further replies.