Scammed!?! (update - Not scammed!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I saw a post on here in the "for sale" section for Tortoise Cafe for mazuri. The prices were good with free shipping so I thought I'd try them out. I ordered on December 23 and the site said it would ship within one business day. Checked my order today and it still says "pending".

So I went back to the website and the only contact info I could find was an email address. So I sent an email to it, only for it to be returned to me saying, "Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently"

Now I totally think I just got scammed :'(

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
Scammed!?!

Sorry to hear about that. Maybe the order is going to take longer because of the time of year? Did you say you saw the add on the forum? If so, I'd let a moderator be aware of it.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
RE: Scammed!?!

Yes, seen it on here. That's why I was inclined to order from them. How do you inform a moderator?

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
Scammed!?!

You can message them. Or you could inform Josh, I think he has his email in the help and feedback section.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas

Maybe you should give them some more time. You gave them 6 days, 2 of which were holidays and 2 of which were weekend days and then start openly accusing them of scamming you? Not very good form really. I apologize in advance if you really did get scammed but the circumstanses you describe certainly do not warrent two seperate threads to bad mouth this company in the event that, say, you ordered something online during the busiest mailing season of the year and are upset over not getting it within six days. I hope when all is said and done that you get your product and you owe these people an apology

You could also try and PM them on this board. jdub Maybe they will answer you here. They have been members of this forum since 2009.

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio

Saleama said:
Maybe you should give them some more time. You gave them 6 days, 2 of which were holidays and 2 of which were weekend days and then start openly accusing them of scamming you? Not very good form really. I apologize in advance if you really did get scammed but the circumstanses you describe certainly do not warrent two seperate threads to bad mouth this company in the event that, say, you ordered something online during the busiest mailing season of the year and are upset over not getting it within six days. I hope when all is said and done that you get your product and you owe these people an apology

You could also try and PM them on this board. jdub Maybe they will answer you here. They have been members of this forum since 2009.

Wow, EXCUSE me for being concerned that I gave up my credit card info and personal info and asked if anyone else had ordered from the company. It's people like YOU that make me not even want to put posts on here. You could have simply kept your NASTY thoughts to yourself. Or you could have said your thoughts in a nicer way.

UPDATE: Guess what arrived when I was home on lunch break today?! My mazuri from Tortoise Café. Thank you, Tortoise Café!! And my sincerest apologies for thinking I got scammed. I am very sorry!

BTW - you should update the contact info on your website because it totally freaked me out when I discovered the email address on the site is invalid and there is no phone number to call!

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal

I'm glad it all worked out. I'd hate to see someone getting scammed on this or any site. We try to catch them when we can on here, but there's always chance that scammers can get through. I'm glad that Tortoise Cafe is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.