Scammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
100% scam. Surprisingly better English than most ads.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
It's just crazy, they groomed me I guess you could say for like 2 weeks, I just talked to them for the last time at like 12:00

She spoke pretty good English too!!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
What is the area code of the number they gave you?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
They are good at what they do, and they tell you exactly what you want to hear and know what to say that makes them believable...

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
They called me it was a 932 area code, I am not a taller so we only spoke that one time we just texted via yahoo messenger

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Should all of us send them a nasty email and let them know that we are on to them and that we are going to post there website in every possible place to get it out there that they are scammers. Or could we get in trouble for that?

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
What could we get in trouble for, they put their info out there, not our fault they happened to scam someone that has lots of tort lovers on her side!!!

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Neal said:

That's internet for you. Although it has communities like TFO on it, it is still a haven for scams as well. Really gotta be careful.

wellington said:
Should all of us send them a nasty email and let them know that we are on to them and that we are going to post there website in every possible place to get it out there that they are scammers. Or could we get in trouble for that?

Yes! I was just going to say the same thing. Let's all email that person, tell her we're onto her, and demand she give Tank her money back. We can't let her get away with that! :mad:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TotallyTank said:
What could we get in trouble for, they put their info out there, not our fault they happened to scam someone that has lots of tort lovers on her side!!!

I don't know. There is so much about Internet do's and don'ts. I will gladly send them a nasty email. I will also post them on my local craigslist. Just want to make sure it isn't doing anything illegal.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks everyone for all the support!! Let's just try not to let it happen again. I would be really devastated if this had been my first experience with torts. I just keeping talking to daisy and tank they are helping!!!:)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
wellington said:

You can do whatever you want. Hell, you could call them and leave nasty messages, but for what? The money ain't coming back. Sorry to be blunt, but that's what these people do all day every day...and they get away with it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neal said:
wellington said:

You can do whatever you want. Hell, you could call them and leave nasty messages, but for what? The money ain't coming back. Sorry to be blunt, but that's what these people do all day every day...and they get away with it.

Unfortunately very true.

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
TotallyTank said:
Her name is Cindy Cruz . I totally screwed myself I went against based on better judgement, but I told her no thanks after I talked to her the first time, but she texted me everyday for 2 weeks chatting about torts I even was starting to think of her as a friend. That the only reason I went through with it.. She had pics she had all the right info everything! Feel foolish!!

There's the tip off: she made you feel like she was your friend. Literally a con-artist, i.e. confidence artist. I suggest you report her to the managers of that website. Even if you can't get your money back, hopefully you can get her kicked off so she can't do it anymore.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I'm really sorry to hear that! Hope a lesson was learned. My neighbor recently got scammed for $6000. It's a nasty business!

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Bay Area
Sometimes your local newscasters can help..they usually have a section that will locate and track down said websites and expose them...it's part of a community service they provide..we have them here in the Bay Area

there is a section to contact the website developers on the site...you can scroll to the bottom and fill out your inquiry to complain

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Missouri
this is sad, sorry you got scammed, you have to do your homework with any and everything you buy from the net. Iv spend countless hours reading reviews and joing forums just to find out if the person im buying from is legit, Being a forum member after i got my first tort, i dont know why anyone would try to buy a hatchling from anywhere that one of our trusted forum members, the members on here know how to care for hatchlings so they are the healthiest they can be when you receive them. Personally, when your allowed to give this another go I would not buy from some one locally like a pet store, or reptile expo, I would get one from one of our trusted breeders on here, they know every move that tortoise has made, petstores not so much. Scams are only fun if you can catch them b4 you send money and just keep racking up the bill telling them all the rare tortoises you want. better luck next time!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Sad to hear about the scam, but the wording of the ad would have sent me running myself. Do you know if the person who received the money is actually in NM? if so you stand a better but still slim chance of getting some type of regress. If it is out of country then there is no real way I can see of getting any type of satisfaction.

TotallyTank

5 Year Member
Albuquerque, NM
I said no after i sent the emsil and then 2 weeks of talk like we have here! I kust got scammed. No she says new jersey but i know thats crap!!! I have no hopes of seeing that money agsin!!

Status
Not open for further replies.