sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

looneybug

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
el cajon ca usa
Unfortunatly Reverse passed away this morning. . . I don't exactly know why he was doing well (still recovering from being sick but well) he was eating drinking and pooping normally but this morning I found him all tucked in to his shell.

Tortellini is thankfully fine and is not haveing any signs of getting wht Reverse had so that's good. . .

Any ways thank you all for everything.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So, so, sorry.:( I hate that these things happen. Sometimes no matter what we do, we just can't save them. Glad Tortellini is doing well.

L82lalaland

5 Year Member
Lakeside, California
Oh Hun, so sorry about the little guy. You have such a huge heart taking in these little ones. I am sure his short life was so much fuller with you than he would have had any where else. Tortellini should be fine. I will keep you both in my positive thoughts.

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
That is not going to happen!!! Tortellini will be fine, you'll see. You're doing everything right.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Is Tortellini showing any signs of anything? Was there ever any diagnosis of Reverse problem/issues?
Just make sure all temps and humidity are correct. Make sure you are using correct substrates. If Reverse had parasites, don't reuse anything of his/hers for Tortellini with out sterilizing with very hot/boiling water. Don't reuse his substrate, make sure everything is clean. If everything is right then just keep an eye on things. Most likely, he will be fine. Good luck and don't forget everyone here is more then willing to help with any problem and they all are rooting for you and Tortellini.

looneybug

5 Year Member
el cajon ca usa
He's not showing any signs I'm just scared. . .I'm not going to reuse any of reverse's stuff for tortellini till its cleaned and 100% no risk. . .
I don't now what reverse had exactly I know he was getting over a uri

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm so sorry for your loss of your little one :( :(

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Always so sad to read that someone lost a tortoise. I am so very sorry. You did your best. Sometimes they have something and it's just a matter of time and nothing could have been done. You have Tortellini and he will carry on and bring you joy!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
I'm so sorry you had to lose another sulcata. :( I really hope Tortellini stays strong!

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
That's so rough. You did everything you could; it just takes awhile to recover from a loss like this.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh my goodness!! I can't believe you have to go through this heartache again!! I'm so sorry!!! Hugs to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.