Alethea111

Location (City and/or State)
Joplin
NO! Never in the mouth. He will aspirate the oil droplets into his lungs get pneumonia and die. They can't poop if they are not eating. You need food to poop. You are lucky you didn't kill him this time.
He hasn’t eaten! He won’t! But I did take your advice and I haven’t given him any more

Alethea111

Joplin
Maybe I can try that! Thank you! Right now we’re really open to anything as he hasn’t eaten or pooped in 2 weeks now

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If it were me, I would try some cold water cloth or ice pack and try to get the swelling down quickly. Then use the antibiotic. Don't put him in cold water, just keep a cold pack on the area for some time and see if the swelling will lessen.
sugar paste reduces swelling too.

Obbie

Minnesota
Id fill a nice large tub up with a few inches or more of warm water and soak that tortoise & make it swim about. When the water cools, dump it out & start again.

I would stop trying to pry the tail loose. Careful too with that mineral oil injections. Soak soak soak.
Agreed, soak,soak soak. Please dont inject any more, you could do severe damage, he really needs to see a vet, please

Alethea111

Joplin
Agreed, soak,soak soak. Please dont inject any more, you could do severe damage, he really needs to see a vet, please
Unfortunately we don’t have any vets around here that won’t try to put him down! but about 400 miles away