Robberies

Status
Not open for further replies.

E5150

5 Year Member
Seriously, this is messed up. Get yourself a beware of dog sign, a never mind the dog beware of owner sign, a mastiff crossing sign, and a huge dog bowl that says "spike" or "killer" on it. :)

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
Haha. I have Basenjis...native African hunting dog, barkless....USELESS for home defense. But they are my life..I've been showing them, field trialing them, and breeding them (very selectively) for 22 years.
I live alone, just me, 2 Basenjis (currently) and 3 tortoises. I have a 9mm in my nightstand.
So far, no problems, but sometimes I wish I had a more intimidating dog.

Maybe I need an attack Tortoise! Hahahah

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
Never hurts to have a gun.
Got a sig p220 .45cal in my nightstand, and a sig mosquito .22cal for my woman in her nightstand. I also keep a Remington 12 gauge in a secret spot somewhere else in the house.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
daytime burgs: they usually knock.. if no one answers they bust the door or go to the back yard and smash a window.. so if you are home.. answer the door.. even if you don't open it.. they will prob pretend they are selling something..
Home Invasion.. is when people are home, they break in, tie up the homeowners and rob them..

Alarm system for when you are not home.. even just s sign, Beware of dog sign.. a dog house is good too. good locks.. and don't leave valuables in plain site..
The New thing.. is to break in and get house and car keys and come back later.. or they go in grab keys while people are out in the yards... So sad..

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
I never answer knocks from people I don't know. Guess I should? Scary.

_________
~ Shelly ~

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
We have three big dogs and although 2 of them are honest to goodness babies, they have deep barks and their hackles go up when they see strangers. The boxer is the smallest but she's the scrappiest and would probably attack an intruder. The one time the utility guy was peeking in the back yard without my knowing I heard these deep growls and barking and braying. They also go crazy barking at the neighbor but he told us to not shut them up because he likes living next to someone with intimidating sounding dogs. When someone came over to pick up our old washer/dryer the boxer would not stop growling at them with her hackles up until I told her it was okay and to back down.

Still, it's a scary world some days and my bf says the next dog we get will be an english mastiff. He wants a 200 pound male one. If the barking or size doesn't scare them, then the drool might!

rayneygirl

5 Year Member
SoCal
we have a bull mastiff male, 1 yr old. but its the chow shepherd mixes i have that id be worried about. esp. the female indie. we have a lot of cars in the driveway even when someone is home alone.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using TortForum mobile app

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
ShellyTurtleTort said:
I never answer knocks from people I don't know. Guess I should? Scary.

I let my dogs answer the door. Then we have a whole lot of, "WHAT??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER ALL THESE 100 POUND AGGRESSIVE BARKING DOGS!!!" After they walk away, I tell the dogs to be quiet and go lay down. Which they do. :D

Sometimes its good to have dogs as a career.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
This little Boxer female is on hold for me today, if I should want her...

Darling face, huh?
_________
~ Shelly ~

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380390723758.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380390723758.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 42

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
ShellyTurtleTort said:
This little Boxer female is on hold for me today, if I should want her...

Darling face, huh?
_________
~ Shelly ~

Ohhhh you have to get her! After all, your doing it for the safety of your turtles, tortoises and family! :D

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Thinking about it. I'd have to give up the tort I wanted for her, though.

_________
~ Shelly ~

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Cute! They are very rambunctious though so if you don't have the patience for training and lots of exercise then I don't recommend a boxer. My 9 year old boxer runs laps around my 6 year old labs (and leaps and bounds over them too, literally).

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
We had one that passed away from Parvo back in 2005. She was crazy and extremely entertaining.

_________
~ Shelly ~

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Tom said:
Sometimes its good to have dogs as a career.

* I second that!

2rpy64k.jpg

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Get the boxer! I have had a couple of great experiences with boxers, but never owned one.

Three houses on my little street have been vacated this last month. It's hard to know who belongs in the neighborhood right now. I'm so eager to get our pup and have a big dog again.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
We stopped to see the pup. My husband wasn't sold on her because the breeder failed to give her a bath. He's so silly.

_________
~ Shelly ~

Status
Not open for further replies.