peacock vs cat

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So some of you may have read my thread awhile back about the beautiful big peacock that has made our house his daily hang out ...in the start he would show up about 6pm and go back to the now people free home next door at 7:45pm....like clock work. Then he started lounging about in our yard from am then back to the neighbor house 15 minutes before sundown....he would show up for me to feed him a slice of bread...then wildbird seed...then lounge about till 7pmyou then back to our front porch for his evening slice of bread...some seed...some water ..then stroll back to neighbor property....well last night I was rinsing some dishes and looked out the window to see this darn cat coming away from where he goes and the peacock spotted him too so he doubled back about 40 feet and at that time I of course walked out onto the porch which caused the cat to turn back in full run right towards the peacock neighbor yard...well then the peacock went that way home like 10 minutes later....

So, do you think a cat can or would take down a grown peacock? The reason for my question is my new peacock buddy has not shown up at all today?????:(

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thank you and also it saved me from scaling two chain link fences trespassing through the yard to make sure he was not injured....wheww... :p

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Thanks Jessica....it is so funny, he just appeared and has made me part of his life and now I worry ...oye, another one to worry about...but he is so cool....comes about a foot away from me to get the bread....he also lost all of his big beautiful tail, feather by feather in our yard, when ever my son or I found one we started putting them in a blue vase...I think we darn near have his whole beautiful tail feathers as this beautiful display....he is growing new ones...so cool....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.